The gaming thread

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
the MX518 is being re-released.

I've still got mine - although the wheel doesn't work as well as once did.
Phwoar, we have two at home that get used daily and still go fine. The wheels do get a bit slow after being fondled for so long.

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk

Minlak

custom titis
Played my first games of Apex tonight. It was ok. I was very clumsy my fingers just didn’t move where they were supposed to. So many buttons to press and information to take in quickly. Will probably play more but not addicted to it.

Back to horizon 3, trying to 100% the thing with the exception of the online achieves

If I'm going to journey the landscape for hours on end I think I'd rather do it in a super car than on horse back

mas2

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Have been sporadically playing rocketleague for the last year and previously played counterstrike for about 10 years then stopped the last 6 because it was taking up too much time. Just got back into it for a couple of weeks and nothing much has changed except the amount of hacking and abuse people put out. Man it's toxic, I am surprised anyone new can even get into it.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Fired up Battlefront 2 again. The newish Capital Supremacy mode is pretty entertaining.

A good old fashioned just jump in and play free for all where you are on the Clone or Droid team at Geonosis and then onto capital ships.

Not too complicated but a bunch of fun with some crazy big battles going on. They seem to have pulled BF2 out of the fire.

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk

Jesterarts

Likes Dirt
I turned in Star Citizen for the first time in months. Visually stunning. But 3.5 really isn't ready to be out of PTU.

ARMA3 Exile is my default I keep going back to.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
I finished the first season of Hitman on PS4 over the weekend and installed The Last of Us (remastered) and started it again. I played the original and it was ace, keen for another spin now.

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
Still chipping away at Far Cry 5, and playing through the first Metro games (redux). I played Metro 2033 years ago - enjoying the redux version - the AI is pretty average though (feels so weird calling game characters "AI").

Far Cry 5 has been a real gem. Liking it much more than 4, which isn't a popular opinion...

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
So... Rage 2 - looking good, or epic flop like the first?
I reckon it'll be as well received as Doom. Looks good, plays okay and is all guns blazing but not long lasting.
I say the biggest flop based on the hype is gonna be Days Gone. I was keen on it but it just looks so mediocre and boring now.

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
I remember it running smooth as silk, but being boring AF. That's all I remember - was there even a story? It was just a showcase for id Tech 5 really. ;)

• Haha
Reactions: Zaf

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
Ok fair point. But at least in Doom I remember the demons, Wolfenstein the Nazis and old castles n shit, Quake the weapons/teleports/powerups...

Did Rage actually have good combat/gunplay? And who was I even shooting?