The gaming thread

gippyz

Likes Dirt
Have been sporadically playing rocketleague for the last year and previously played counterstrike for about 10 years then stopped the last 6 because it was taking up too much time. Just got back into it for a couple of weeks and nothing much has changed except the amount of hacking and abuse people put out. Man it's toxic, I am surprised anyone new can even get into it.
I tried breaking into CS a couple of years or so ago. I gave up as the community is just too abusive. Got yelled at for making a mistake by the whole team.
Same reason i quit DOTA and LOL. I was proficient in LOL but have copped tons of swearing, abuse, etc, but what I can't stand the most is how others continuously abuse new players for being noob and charging the towers blindly. Someone gotta show them the rope and give them time to learn, but no hardly anyone understood that. Bunch of idiots.

Calvin27

Eats Squid
I tried breaking into CS a couple of years or so ago. I gave up as the community is just too abusive.
The problem with CS is it is quite a steep learning curve and at the beginner end of the scale there are not that many people. Keep in mind CS has been around for around 20 years. So potentially you are matching up with people who have played for 20 years on and off like myself.

On the abuse stuff, yeah it's a real problem but one that is easily solved by muting people. But the bigger problem is that they don't really have a landing for new players and so old players get angry and poor play and new players get overwhelmed.

Until I got to nova which enabled me yo play with my higher ranked mate, I thought everyone was cheating. Turns out there are some real freaks out there who obviously put in a lot of time lol.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Anyone played Division 2?
Yep, I'm level 18 in it just now. It's better than the first one and has some good elements to it but I fear it'll get repetitive real fast like the first one did. Much better setting than the first though and the tasks you complete (missions, quests etc) don't drag on. Controls and gameplay wise, its good.

mas2

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The problem with CS is it is quite a steep learning curve and at the beginner end of the scale there are not that many people. Keep in mind CS has been around for around 20 years. So potentially you are matching up with people who have played for 20 years on and off like myself.

On the abuse stuff, yeah it's a real problem but one that is easily solved by muting people. But the bigger problem is that they don't really have a landing for new players and so old players get angry and poor play and new players get overwhelmed.

Until I got to nova which enabled me yo play with my higher ranked mate, I thought everyone was cheating. Turns out there are some real freaks out there who obviously put in a lot of time lol.
Yep thats exactly right. I played since it came out so can slot back in after a 6 yr hiatus like nothings changed (except for buying pretty gun skins and stickers). The hacking has become more a lot more prominent though. When I was an admin if I didnt know how to kick a hacker I would kick everyone else in the server and just leave them in there.

I'm back into RDR2, I'm enjoying it but I think I'll have to do it in chunks coz it's a bit of a plodder.

Still it makes a nice intermission in between playing Ride 3 ( forza / GT for bikes)

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
It's an iD Software shooter, I wouldn't throw it away so quickly.
The game starts with John Goodman giving you a car and a gun and telling you to go into a bandit hideout and be the only person who walks out.
Big fan of the visual style as well, the subtle cell shading and gritty looking world is fantastic. Pretty much feels like Fury Road in game form. Story is generic enough, but is enough to hang the great gunplay on.
Thanks, I nearly picked it up once, but just have a fat back catalogue to go through now. i could barricade up the living and stay there for almost a year and still have things to play around with.

Battle for Bikini Bottom is being released for Xbox One

I had 90% completion when my xbox 360 clapped out (third time wasn't a charm)

looks like I'll get a chance for wevenge

But first RDR2, then The Darkness, then Dead Rising 3, finish Doom, finish Dead Space whilst intermittently completing Ride 3 and Horizon 3

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
Just caught some of E3 Bethesda spiel.

Commander Keen back as a mobile game... hmm

Otherwise Doom is more Doomier etc etc. Wolf more Wolfier..

Ghostwire Tokyo could be very cool though.

Release date 16/4/2020... thats only 311 days right
I really, really hope it lives up to the hype
Yeah me too - glad its still a way off tbh - too much to play at the moment, not enough time.

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
I wonder if Cyberpunk will get 2 releases - initial one in April next year, and another edition to coincide with the new Xbox (Project Scarlett) towards the end of next year. Or if we are past that era now... (has been a downside to console gaming).

Got my RDR2 groove back, I guess hunting squirrels in the wilderness for 5 days straight warps a man's perception of reality.

Stumbled upon this cover of a song featured in RDR2 ( no, it's not Ring Dang Doo).

Warning :The comments section contains spoilers