The gaming thread

Yes, they all look super graphically and sound realistic, but, well, it is hard to translate to being a good game. Colin McRae Rally was good at it time and I still have a soft spot for belting across Baja in Motocross Madness 2. It is pretty short list unfortunately. GT2 was well done though.

Have to agree that the controller is a weak point. A cabin with a steering wheel has to be a good thing. I do have a Thrustmaster steering wheel here somewhere too and it did make a big difference. Go for it is you can find a worthy game to make the most of it. Has to be cheaper than the real thing.
i would love to get a wheel etc etc for car games, but $700 thereabouts.

In a way I'm glad there is no decent controller for the bike games, I would not be able to resist.

I waste so much time pinging round the nurgburgring on an SP2 or gamma, if I had a decent controller its all I would ever do on the console

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
Sony has announced Last of Us Part II has been delay indefinitely.
FF

In a way I'm glad there is no decent controller for the bike games, I would not be able to resist.

I waste so much time pinging round the nurgburgring on an SP2 or gamma, if I had a decent controller its all I would ever do on the console
Do you have PS4 or Xbox ?

you could get a thrustmaster for PS4 or PC/Xbox for around $200 nfi what freight is, but just about any wheel shits on using a gaming controller.

wesdadude

ウェスド アドゥーデ
Entry level wheels are only a few hundred dollars. Logitech offers a few budget models.
I'm about to run into a similar problem. Just bought some moto games on the PC but I don't have a controller. Tempted to see if they support the G27 for shits and giggles.

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Entry level wheels are only a few hundred dollars. Logitech offers a few budget models.

I'm about to run into a similar problem. Just bought some moto games on the PC but I don't have a controller. Tempted to see if they support the G27 for shits and giggles.
Im still using a g27 and its fine on pc. But it isnt supported on consoles so a g29 ot g920 may be a more versatile buy these days.

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
For the Witcher I was preoccupied with configuring the graphics so much that I kinda skipped through white orchard and found myself in a bunch of caves with a broken silver sword and no food.

Worked out how to get back to white orchard, now can actually play through that area and then get back to the main story...

Didn't realise that whole "tutorial" part was so important and you need those first level ups...

Bryce88

Likes Dirt
Hey, so I'm halfway through a game called Prey and downloaded it on Xbox game pass. Apparently its getting deleted from game pass soon so I bought a copy on ebay and it should be here in a day or so. My question is, will I need to start the game again when I start playing on disc or will it pick up from my saved spot?

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
Hey, so I'm halfway through a game called Prey and downloaded it on Xbox game pass. Apparently its getting deleted from game pass soon so I bought a copy on ebay and it should be here in a day or so. My question is, will I need to start the game again when I start playing on disc or will it pick up from my saved spot?
I think you should be ok, I think I did this with a game once on xbox. It should just work off the disc when you insert, and check hard drive for the installed game and saves etc and not install again.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Downloading the witcher for switch. Time for replay.

still running Around aimlessly on zelda.

might fire up world of warships again too. Channel my inner moleman. “You sunk my battleship”

Last edited: