The gaming thread

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
s'all good - only 3 weeks and will keep you productive until closer to Xmas!

There is also an AMD event today to announce the RX6000 series - not that I'd pick up one anywhere near to launch, but next GPU will probably stick with AMD. They have really nice open source drivers that are part of the linux kernel (if anyone else cares haha).

Got last couple of levels of Doom Eternal to complete still.

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
Steam sale on at the moment - not that I have time to get through the games I have at the moment, but picked up Bioshock series for $15.

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
Gaming gurus.

Crosspost from the quick Questions thread.

tobbogonist

a registered member
Gaming gurus.

Crosspost from the quick Questions thread.

Ex EB games employee.
If you think they are going to lose interest i'd go xbox.
Xbox game pass subscrition gives you access to like 100 odd games. Kinda like netflix but for games. Not sure exact price but google game pass (i'm at work and wifi is rubbish)
Otherwise your going to have to add buying games onto your cost. If the kids lose interest let the subscription lapse and you havnt lost money on physical games.

Ps4 subscription gives you 2 free games a month.

Mabye someone else can chime in if I missed something, its been a while since I have looked into this kind of stuff.

Minlak

custom titis
Was going to get a game to play with Christmas break coming up and all
Watch Dogs 2 - Saw a play through on twitch - wouldn't bother
WOW - Shadowlands releasing but can I do the grind again - History tells me it will become and obsession not a casual play
Assassin's Creed Valhalla - Looks good on play throughs I have seen - But $149 for the game I am not convinced
That's about all I have been interested in lately

bear the bear

Is a real bear
WOW - Shadowlands releasing but can I do the grind again - History tells me it will become and obsession not a casual play
Assassin's Creed Valhalla - Looks good on play throughs I have seen - But $149 for the game I am not convinced
AC Valhalla will be $79 for the base version like other +++A games ATM.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
For the love of every other part of your life, don’t play wow.
So much commitment, such little reward.
There will always be another grind in that game.

tobbogonist

a registered member
Wow isn't even really a game anymore. Click mouse enough times you will get a shiny sword, this will allow access to a new place of mouse clicking and eventually a shinier sword. Steer well clear.
I was checking out A.C. Valhalla on youtube, will break my gaming drought and buy it for those 40 + summer days.

ajay

^Once punched Jeff Kennett. Don't pick an e-fight
For the love of every other part of your life, don’t play wow.
So much commitment, such little reward.
There will always be another grind in that game.
Yep and it's getting worse, it was fun through BC/WOTLK/CATA, then it just kinda nose dived....

I play Trackmania Nations Forever. It's old AF, but I love it.

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
I'm saving Divinity Original Sin 2 for holidays - I've tried to get started but I can only play in little bits here and there which doesn't seem to lend itself to getting into an RPG like that...

Meanwhile, Bioshock remastered is clunky but fun. good for a quick bash

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Got my Playstation 5, haven't set it up yet but now know there were ten consoles sold in Coffs Harbour between all the stores that did pre orders. A guy in the store said they were on Ebay for $1,000 straight away. By the time I checked, people are getting bids for consoles at $5,000 upwards. Sounds like Chopsticks is involved..............

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
TBH, I'm just trying to get my head around the new modules changes that have been made since I last played.
Yeah it was a pretty big change.

Allows for some real bullshittery with the ELC even 90 though if you got one of them. Max cammo is dumb.