The gaming thread

teK--

Eats Squid
Release is scheduled for 28/10. The beta was fun but I’m not sure of the longevity. It started to bore me after a few hours even with the funny modifiers added to some of the races (jet bike, 70’s downhill skiing in black and white).
Yeah beta is good not sure I'd pay $90 for it

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
I've been playing it for a few days, there's a cool slopestyle kind of course for bikes but yeah, feels completely irrelevant to what we do on our bikes and I dunno if I'll get it. I can't stand the over-the-top customization and the stupid costumes, the voices are also bad and would perhaps make it easy to assume people who enjoy those sports in real life are surfers. I get why it's like that but yeah nah, I doubt I'll buy it at full price.

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
If you want some awesome DH at a much more relaxed pace (and a much cheaper price) I can't recommend Lonely Mountains Downhill enough. I've got it on the Switch and it's a hoot.

Also if you like the minimalist graphics style but are after something a bit faster, then definitely check out Art of Rally (or get both. It's a free country and they're both reasonably priced).

Outside of the unbelievable Microsoft Flight Simulator, I'd say it was Game of the Year for 2020.

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
If you want some awesome DH at a much more relaxed pace (and a much cheaper price) I can't recommend Lonely Mountains Downhill enough. I've got it on the Switch and it's a hoot.

Also if you like the minimalist graphics style but are after something a bit faster, then definitely check out Art of Rally (or get both. It's a free country and they're both reasonably priced).

Outside of the unbelievable Microsoft Flight Simulator, I'd say it was Game of the Year for 2020.

Have both, rate them highly

Spent quite a few hours finding new lines and faster routes down those hills in lonely mountain, it's surprisingly rich in content.

I had a lot of fun with riders republic and I'm super excited to be able to play the real deal, but the value in lonely mountain is probably unbeatable

Sent from my H8324 using Tapatalk

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
I just finished a Trippy exploration game - Abzu.
Beautiful music soundtrack, great environment, fluid movement in an undersea environment - and actually quite calming and meditative.
I think some of the people who worked on Journey were involved in this.

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
I just finished a Trippy exploration game - Abzu.
Beautiful music soundtrack, great environment, fluid movement in an undersea environment - and actually quite calming and meditative.
I think some of the people who worked on Journey were involved in this.
Liked the sound of it so just bought it on a whim and have been playing it during smoko this morning. It's fantastic!
Hopefully there's a VR mod somewhere out there for it. That would be pure bliss!

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Theres another free trial period for Riders Republic.

[PC, XB1, PS4] Riders Republic - Trial Week (4 Hours Access) @ Ubisoft
Gave it a crack and it looks great. The MTB section at the first part is good but didn't seem to steer as well as I'd think it could.

The next scene is the rocket suit glider thingy. I lost a bit of interest right there.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Remember the game from the mid nineties on PC called Myst? Was a puzzle game on an island, quite tricky. I started it back then and to this day have always intended to finish it. Well, 25 years later and it’s done, finished it with the various different endings on the remastered Xbox version.

Fuck it was boring.