The Gran Turismo 5/ Racing simulator Thread.

Dirt king

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Nice work dude, best I've managed in maybe half hours work is 1.56.266. Online and offline have a very different level of grip, you'll lose generally ~2 seconds online compared to GT life practice.

edit: 1.55.87. Will be a fun race :)
Will give an Online Lobby a shot then tonight, see if I can replicate my times from GT Life Practice. Didn't realise traction and times differed. Think I still need to fine tune the gearbox and suspension, still have a little too much oversteer.

Should be awesome to do some proper racing. Way too many lobby's have just crazy people not braking, crashing into you etc. Rather frustrating.

Add my PSN: DiRtKing112

Seeing as though have some holidays from uni I actually have a chance to get some racing in. Potentially myself and mate starting an open lobby tonight for just some fun racing. (Proper but just for fun)

WolfCreekPsycho

Likes Dirt
Best time (online) has been 1:57 flat and the car is feeling really good.... At Monza however, lap times are irrelevant.... with so many straights, it all comes down to drafting.

Dirt king

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Best time (online) has been 1:57 flat and the car is feeling really good.... At Monza however, lap times are irrelevant.... with so many straights, it all comes down to drafting.
Just set a 1:55.516 online. Car is feeling great. Still a little oversteer, but some slight tweaks and it should be right. Have to sort out this gearing, going to be interesting.

Can't wait. Oh yeah the time. Brisbane time it is still 6:30pm start?

spinner

Likes Bikes and Dirt
This came up in discussion tonight , my mate Rota fitted all power mods to the car (not realising the hp limit) and has now used the limiter to meet the restrictions. This allows for more torque than a stock motor at the same hp though.

What are the rules on this ? I'm guessing he will have to refit stock parts....?

Dirt king

Likes Bikes and Dirt
This came up in discussion tonight , my mate Rota fitted all power mods to the car (not realising the hp limit) and has now used the limiter to meet the restrictions. This allows for more torque than a stock motor at the same hp though.

What are the rules on this ? I'm guessing he will have to refit stock parts....?
I was thinking that too. Mate of mine has done the same thing. Was considering doing it myself because it would have rather large benefits off the start and out of corners.

Are we to just run stock parts, e.g. exhaust, cooling etc?

._._._._._.

Likes Dirt
I was thinking that too. Mate of mine has done the same thing. Was considering doing it myself because it would have rather large benefits off the start and out of corners.

Are we to just run stock parts, e.g. exhaust, cooling etc?
I don't think the race host can put a limit on parts? Maybe a PP limit would limit torque and stuff..?

WolfCreekPsycho

Likes Dirt
I don't think the race host can put a limit on parts? Maybe a PP limit would limit torque and stuff..?
Its definately an issue and no way around it. Full house tunes that are then reduced using the limiter is not really fair play and will give a big advantage.
I will see if I can apply a PP limit to the race as well as HP/Weight.

Bottom line - is not allowed.

One option is for people to share their car online, which can then be scruitineered.

I dont mind if your tune goes over a little, then you dial it back... but maxing it out to take advantage of this loophole cant be allowed.

Whats the thoughts? Do we need to scruitineer cars or can we operate on a trust basis?

As for time... 6:30 Sydney is currently 6:30 Bris is it not?

Dirt king

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Its definately an issue and no way around it. Full house tunes that are then reduced using the limiter is not really fair play and will give a big advantage.
I will see if I can apply a PP limit to the race as well as HP/Weight.

Bottom line - is not allowed.

One option is for people to share their car online, which can then be scruitineered.

I dont mind if your tune goes over a little, then you dial it back... but maxing it out to take advantage of this loophole cant be allowed.

Whats the thoughts? Do we need to scruitineer cars or can we operate on a trust basis?

As for time... 6:30 Sydney is currently 6:30 Bris is it not?
I am pretty confident we could operate on a trust basis. Will be pretty clear if someone has added all the parts because I would assume there is quite an advantage when exiting corners and taking off from the start.

Time wise, yeah I am pretty sure there is no day light savings at the moment, so 6:30 Sydney should be 6:30 Brisbane.

spinner

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'm happy to trust everyone on their component choice , but you could put a pp limit on there just in case.
Did a 1:57.1 last night. It should be close racing for sure. :)

WolfCreekPsycho

Likes Dirt
Guys,

I will set a PP at **520** for the race... If like me your car has had a lot of goodies added , especially Stage x Engine treatment (non reversible) and you want to drop the power using the power limiter I dont think you will get under, you will prolly need to buy a new car if you had tuned up the current one a lot.
This will allow only a very mild tune over the standard 444 hp... but will not let you use full aero :)

As an indicator of what you are aiming for...
Standard car with Catalytic Convert upgraded + Sports Exhaust will put you almost exactly where you need to be, Power limiter @99.3%
Pwr 444hp
Torque <50
weight 1400
Aero 15
..this should put you smack on 520

After 5 laps with Rota and Spinner its safe to say these cars are close : ) Sunday should be awesome.

Last edited:

downhillar

Likes Dirt
So ... is anyone still playing this? I've got 200 cars as of last night, it would be nice to do something with them!

WolfCreekPsycho

Likes Dirt
So ... is anyone still playing this? I've got 200 cars as of last night, it would be nice to do something with them!
Yup.. still playing.. still racing online with a few friends once a week.

Demo for GT6 out this week ! Then GT6 due not long afterwards... and you can start you collection all over again.

0psi

Eats Squid
Thought I'd give this a little bump as GT6 academy is out now. Anyone played it?

Anyone know if the money made in GT6 academy will transfer over to the full version?

WolfCreekPsycho

Likes Dirt
Thought I'd give this a little bump as GT6 academy is out now. Anyone played it?

Anyone know if the money made in GT6 academy will transfer over to the full version?
It's good, if you plan on buying gt6 then this would have to be a mandatory download to get used to the different physics model.
Have only spent a few hours with it so lapping at 1:21:xx I figure a top 1000 finish would keep me happy.

Money...?
Doubt it.

sawtell

The Great White Rooks Hunter
My playstation ylod, put an end to my GT5 career. Was pretty disappointed. Couldn't get my game files off the old one, so I just never bought a new one. Haha couldn't put my self to start from scratch again!

EXSSVE

Likes Dirt
Didn't they use GT Academy in Europe last year when they had the comp to find an F1 driver?
.. Maybe it was a Le Mans driver...Too burnt out to remember.

spinner

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Fed up with the reliability of PSN and keen to try some of the more serious sims , I bought a PC last year and went iracing as well as investing in Project CARS. As a result , GT5 is now collecting dust.
Pcars is going to be a serious threat to GT (and Forza), trust me :)

WolfCreekPsycho

Likes Dirt
Didn't they use GT Academy in Europe last year when they had the comp to find an F1 driver?
.. Maybe it was a Le Mans driver...Too burnt out to remember.
Google GT Academy... its been running for a few years and has produced some incredibly successful racers.

@Spinner
Project CARS looks stunning !