The Gran Turismo 6 thread

0psi

Eats Squid
Seems GT5 was worthy of it's own thread so here's one for 6.

My lovely missus picked up a copy for me today but alas the very same missus isn't letting me play it, apparently there's TV to be watched instead.

For those thinking of grabbing a copy, Kmart have it for $69, better than the $100 from EB Games.

I'll get stuck into it a bit later, looking forward to being able to drive around Mt. Panorama, Willow Springs and the Goodwood hill climb. KTM X-Bow looks cool too.

Xavo.au

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Just wondering, I've never had a console but a guy in my dorm had an Xbox 360 which we played lots of Forza 4 on.

Does GT6 have the same level of customization as Forza 4? Like I could tune gear ratios, suspension and all that jazz.

Hew

Likes Dirt
Does GT6 have the same level of customization as Forza 4? Like I could tune gear ratios, suspension and all that jazz.
Even more so. If GT5 is anything to go off, you can spend days tuning your car.

0psi

Eats Squid
Yup. Doesn't have the customisation of Forza in that you can't put body kits and the like on all the cars but you can upgrade, tune and setup nearly all other aspects of the car. I've only ever played the first Forza but I much prefer Gran Turismo. GT feels like a much better simulation which is my cup of tea.

Probably also worth mentioning I'm not a gamer in any way at all, Gran Turismo is the only game I get excited about and the only thing I really play. I dabble with other things from time to time, mainly rally and motocross but usually get bored of them after 10-20 hours worth of play.

Xavo.au

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yeah cool. I haven't ever had a console, but Forza 4 was really cool. Bodykits on everything, engine swaps, etc etc.

Wouldn't mind getting a console though.

mitchy_

Llama calmer
Seems GT5 was worthy of it's own thread so here's one for 6.

My lovely missus picked up a copy for me today but alas the very same missus isn't letting me play it, apparently there's TV to be watched instead.

For those thinking of grabbing a copy, Kmart have it for $69, better than the $100 from EB Games.

I'll get stuck into it a bit later, looking forward to being able to drive around Mt. Panorama, Willow Springs and the Goodwood hill climb. KTM X-Bow looks cool too.
Probably also worth mentioning I'm not a gamer in any way at all, Gran Turismo is the only game I get excited about and the only thing I really play. I dabble with other things from time to time, mainly rally and motocross but usually get bored of them after 10-20 hours worth of play.
doh!
i'm also not a gamer, but i bought my PS3 for GT5. after a couple of weeks of that it's been a glorified media player for the past 3-4 years.
literally cleaned up yesterday and took a bunch of games to EB to trade in.. not realising i get a store credit instead of cash, my fiancée and i got some toon version of F1 2012 and a second controller to fuck around on. wish i knew GT6 was coming out!

driftking

Wheel size expert
Yeah GT is good on the customizing front. in terms of gt5

You can upgrade all the parts on the car which increases performance but opens up more tuning options.
with all the right parts you can tune each gear individual plus the overall gear range.
Suspension ride height, camber, toe, (the older versions had caster adjuster too), spring rates, damper settings, roll bar.
You can tune your LSD deceleration and acceleration (well you can on gt4)
Aero settings for wings etc on certain cars.
TC
ABS

I cant remember what you can tune on gt5 I haven't played it for a long time.

But you can tune a pretty big range of things in GT games.

Forza I haven't played but I am highly highly impressed with their next gen console and the new game. They use a system which essentially creates a you as a AI driver, it takes your driving traits and creates a AI drivers based on these, these drivers are than used against others in other games, so where most games give AI drivers braking markers and are designed with a certain algorithm in where it becomes predictable the new system means you essential race real gamers so the braking markers are all different, and each racers style is different, there is no predictability and as drivers change their style so does their AI. There have been some claims the AI is more aggressive but it makes the driving much more realistic for gamers. One of the people behind the game said the game learns as it goes so you will find cars will start showing there noses and taking different lines without the producers even writing it into the system. (It was on one of those gaming tv shows)

This of course means you need to connect to the cloud to initial the up and down loading for the system. but its very impressive that the AI are now real drivers so the level of realism should be very impressive.

It sounds like a big step forward for gaming and really eliminates the old predicable code written AI with realistic drivers.

driftking

Wheel size expert
Try second life. You'll love it.
Whats the deal with that game anyway. If you can call it a game.

People seem to make real money out of it. Is it as simple as you earn in game money and you can convert it over into real cash?
If that's how it works what happens if you run out of money or go into debt in the game, do you then owe real money?

Its obviously not a viable way to earn money but I have avoided even looking at the game because im not sure how all the money crap works with it...

bell.cameron

Likes Dirt
Someone give me review? I must admit that i wasnt to impressed with GT5 I plowed through the ASpec within a week simply because i unlocked the bugatti so early and ended up with a 1000hp car before even getting to any hard races.

driftking

Wheel size expert
Someone give me review? I must admit that i wasnt to impressed with GT5 I plowed through the ASpec within a week simply because i unlocked the bugatti so early and ended up with a 1000hp car before even getting to any hard races.
did you do all the endurance races.....Its so stupid once you get there. you have to do the first 24hour one 2-3 times before you even get enoughs exp to get the last one. Even with the redbull X1 it still took me a week to finish the 24 hour race haha. I really hope they keep the 24 hour races but allow you to have the option of co drivers so you only do stints not the entire 24.

moorey

call me Mia
Whats the deal with that game anyway. If you can call it a game.

People seem to make real money out of it. Is it as simple as you earn in game money and you can convert it over into real cash?
If that's how it works what happens if you run out of money or go into debt in the game, do you then owe real money?

Its obviously not a viable way to earn money but I have avoided even looking at the game because im not sure how all the money crap works with it...
Meh. No idea and no interest in finding out. Baffles me that you guys devote so much time to a game. It's as pointless as checking for new posts on an internet forum every 10 minutes. :noidea:
Go nuts.

driftking

Wheel size expert
Meh. No idea and no interest in finding out. Baffles me that you guys devote so much time to a game. It's as pointless as checking for new posts on an internet forum every 10 minutes. :noidea:
Go nuts.
When there's not much else to do its not bad to have handy.
Iv personally cut down my game time to the point where I haven't played it for probably over 6 months, I learned to juggle the other night but that took about an hour and after about 30min of juggling a day you get over it. Working on 4 balls but that's proving much harder. I think we do rely on technology too much like most younger people of the gen Y As soon as I get bored I log on to pinkbike, rotorburn or facebook.

I think my next phone will be app-less if they still exist by then.

I wouldn't mind getting away from technology for a few days.

bell.cameron

Likes Dirt
did you do all the endurance races.....Its so stupid once you get there. you have to do the first 24hour one 2-3 times before you even get enoughs exp to get the last one. Even with the redbull X1 it still took me a week to finish the 24 hour race haha. I really hope they keep the 24 hour races but allow you to have the option of co drivers so you only do stints not the entire 24.
Naaah didnt even bother with that way to much effort. Even after doing the 5 lap races im bored of the track

adr8

Squid
Yet to get GT6, but spent many hours playing GT5 do yourself a favour and get the Logitech GT steering wheel which was designed specifically for GT5 or if money is no object the Logitech G27 wheel, it really makes the game much much more enjoyable.

DSE have the GT wheel and GT6 as a combo for $179 which is good value or the G27 combo for $359. I got my GT wheel for $99 from the Logitech shop which has sale every few months offering great discounts.

Last edited:

bell.cameron

Likes Dirt
Yet to get GT6, but spent many hours playing GT5 do yourself a favour and get the Logitech GT steering wheel which was designed specifically for GT5 or if money is no object the Logitech G27 wheel, it really makes the game much much more enjoyable.

DSE have the GT wheel and GT6 as a combo for $179 which is good value or the G27 combo for $359. I got my GT wheel for $99 from the Logitech shop which has sale every few months offering great discounts.
I did own this for a while but sold it before i bought GT5 because i never used it -.-'

0psi

Eats Squid
After a bit of playing I have a couple of complaints. They seem to have thinned out the prize cars a bit and the used car lot and online used car lot seems to have gone.

Doesn't look like there is a B-Spec mode which is no great loss.

A-spec points have gone in favour of a star system, you get a certain amount of stars to unlock more content. Bit of a pain as you only get a certain number of stars per race and that's it. So it's not like the old one in that if you got stuck somewhere you could go back and keep doing a race to get enough points to unlock more content.

The update to the physics engine seems good, sort of seems like you can 'feel' the car more if that makes sense. Graphics are excellent, no huge surprise there. And you can drive the moon buggy on the moon! :happy:

driftking

Wheel size expert

If anyone is going to look at the G27 id also make sure to look at the thrustmaster 500rs its very impressive and the additional benefit that you can hook up the f1 wheel replica for f1 gamers