the Grey Area

toodles

Wheel size expert
You may as well be yelling "you're a poo-poo head" for all the maturity displayed by some of the insults floating around. I still reckon "arseclown" was the funniest one I've heard for awhile though..

Gutty

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Socket said:
The Grey Area:

This is when people see two sides of an argument/conflict and assume that the truth is somewhere in the middle (ie the Grey Area). They reject the possibility that one side is right and the other wrong, to believe that the truth is neither, but a compromise of both sides. This is often fallacious, as it is entirely possible for one side to be completely "in the right", and one side to be completely "in the wrong". However people tend not to believe that any conflict CAN be truthfully "black and white", but it can be the case.

Just thought people might want to hear that. Please do not assume that "nobody is right" every time you see any conflict.

You're a grey area :shock: :p

G

:lol: we could turn this into something but ill get yelled at for using the homosexuality insults

perfor8r

Likes Dirt
Socket said:
The Grey Area:

This is when people see two sides of an argument/conflict and assume that the truth is somewhere in the middle (ie the Grey Area). They reject the possibility that one side is right and the other wrong, to believe that the truth is neither, but a compromise of both sides. This is often fallacious, as it is entirely possible for one side to be completely "in the right", and one side to be completely "in the wrong". However people tend not to believe that any conflict CAN be truthfully "black and white", but it can be the case.

Just thought people might want to hear that. Please do not assume that "nobody is right" every time you see any conflict.
How about when people say "Let's agree to disagree!!!" Sometimes this can be applied to an argument/debate but more times than not, people use it as an escape when they refuse to be objective with themselves and see someone else's point of view.

wombat

Lives in a hole
I don't believe it, the stupidty of some people never ceases to amaze me.

If this is the future on the country I am very worried.