The Grove Northern Beaches

Jklein

Squid
Hey guys just went and rode the grove jumps and there in super need of some shovel love almost died a few times. Is anyone on the northern beaches interested in putting in some shovel time there? Don't even know if anyone even rides them anymore and or what the etiquette of digging cancel jumps is as I'm from Canberra and knew to the area. Also montview could do with a dig as well if anyone in that area is keen?

will2

Likes Dirt
Hey guys just went and rode the grove jumps and there in super need of some shovel love almost died a few times. Is anyone on the northern beaches interested in putting in some shovel time there? Don't even know if anyone even rides them anymore and or what the etiquette of digging cancel jumps is as I'm from Canberra and knew to the area. Also montview could do with a dig as well if anyone in that area is keen?
Unfortunately when the council took over they ruined the whole scene. Yes, they are supposed to look after them but it doesn't happen. I don't know of anyone who seriously rides the jumps, or looks after them for that matter. In the state I last saw them in they were not ride able, loose, couldn't get enough speed through the corners to boost the jumps. I do very rarely go in there for a look and have a bit of a muck around and it is a bit fun.
Sorry mate I think you may be on your own on this one, unless the druggos who go there to rip bongs want to help.

bikesarefun

Likes Bikes and Dirt
We had most of the line fixed and running sweet until January. Not sure that anyone's been riding up there lately though, so it's no doubt fallen apart (especially after the latest storm). Here's a some footage from last chrissie eve.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-bcsGiqso8

PM me and I can put you in touch with the local trail boss.

There's a bit of politics and sensitivity in terms of digging there, as it's a council-run facility (in theory).

bikesarefun

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Also, if you're new to the area, and wanting to dirt jump, then there's much better places to help out on a shovel..... The Grove is kinds of a novelty "hide from the heat in summer" spot, and Montview is a clusterfuck.

Jklein

Squid
yeah right. might just head down there with a 50 then and see if i can get some cheap labour out of the fuckers. If the are some other local trails about with a seen i would be super grateful if someone wants to pm me. always happy to even just put in a good day on the shovel.

Jklein

Squid
Also, if you're new to the area, and wanting to dirt jump, then there's much better places to help out on a shovel..... The Grove is kinds of a novelty "hide from the heat in summer" spot, and Montview is a clusterfuck.
Was defiantly looking better in that vid than it was today. but yeah always keen to dig so pm me if u ever need a extra hand.