The hardtail riding thread

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
Don't think anyone around here is pulling those sorts of tricks.. except for patto maybe. But he's long gone AWOL.

And yeah, you hit the nail on the head pretty much.
hmm.. wouldn't be so sure, Jackson, Cam and Benny etc are all up there.

Fairly sure I saw benny pull a cashroll in his last clip.

Brodie_78Kt

Likes Dirt
Don't think anyone around here is pulling those sorts of tricks.. except for patto maybe. But he's long gone AWOL.

And yeah, you hit the nail on the head pretty much.
A decade isnt really a patto trick :) Patto's more of a barrie man than Tail whips.

Im pretty sure Cam Rouch has landed a few decades, benny would have he does everything.

rabatt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
[video=vimeo;25349018]http://vimeo.com/25349018[/video]

It's... pretty short, but filming is amazing imo :)

i have to stop injuring myself so i can get some more tricks down haha!

that was pretty cool :cool:

yeah every time ive ridden with you, youve hurt yourself in a new way... not cool man. not cool at all. funny how you always break yourself, i always break my bike lol.

should be getting a bmx in a few weeks to ride while i wait for all the parts for the leaf :) finally ill have a spare bike

also anyone know the minimum length spindle for a leaf dlx 557 (or whatever callan was running haha)? my 5 5/8" has 1mm driveside clearance and 2mm non drive clearance. will a 6" spindle be long enough?

Last edited:

patto_15

Wheel size expert
I still add my 2cents when need be ;)

360 downside and decades are both the same trick, just executed differently. 360 downsides you kick the bike and catch, decades you leave the bike.

Benny can do both of these, i'm pretty sure he's actually landed a double downside 360 whip!!!

For the record, i still cant do whips, they are gay tricks and i hate them (namely cos i can't do them cos i'm lazy)

Tyler!

Likes Bikes and Dirt
A tad random, and quite a jim in, but good to see this thread still goin! havent been on in a while. Kudos!

booth

Squid
Hey guys, anybody ride City dirt, apex, paramount etc and any skateparks in Adelaide? Im looking for some mates to go riding with every so often that i can learn off of

rabatt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
A tad random, and quite a jim in, but good to see this thread still goin! havent been on in a while. Kudos!
I thinks it's mostly g-fish, singlespeedfreeride and myself posting, with a few others every now and again.

Booth, sorry I can't help you but I know there's a few guys who ride city dirt a fair bit, best bet would be to ride heaps, meet locals, get contacts, ride more, repeat.

Make friends with bmxers... You will learn much more off bmxers then most mtbers (except patto and the like)

yeah this thread is pretty much dominated by sydney riders haha. well i g0t a bike sorted and it should be here in about a month. getting a mutant x ray complete which was originally from portugal and im buying it from a guy in the netherlands so its been around a bit ;)

its going to be this + identiti rebate 1420, khe mac2 rear with tioga powerblock front, no brake and federal slim seat

im still building the leaf concept dlx. got some goodies in the mail for it recently. yay for Ti. also expect more shots from me, just got a Canon EF-S 60mm f2.8 macro to keep me entertained until im riding again. i really like using prime lenses now, the pictures are just so crisp

p4pb6774836.jpg

Last edited:
thanks.

the only thing that concerns me about that bike is the bar height when i put a rigid fork on it and thee bottom bracket height. oh well if all else fails, get high rise districts and a small brand street specific frame. quite a few really good frames coming out of europe now at a really good price (pride street, illbike, duncon has a new frame in the works too, union street seems to have died though)

Last edited:

g-fish

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hit me up of you want some gusset open prisons rob. The bike looks sweet, but are you copping the postage from the netherlands!?

yeah 100 euros for postage. but the bike itself is only 500 euros so all up its costing like 750 bucks or something.

thanks for the offer man, but i like a lot of backsweep on my bars, which the open prison does not have. and if the bar is too low ill get another mutant bar so i have the same bar on both bikes to make it easier to switch between the two.

patto_15

Wheel size expert
Hey guys, anybody ride City dirt, apex, paramount etc and any skateparks in Adelaide? Im looking for some mates to go riding with every so often that i can learn off of
Hit up the bmx riders at Little Black Bike, they're a super rad crew and super nice! Mtb wise, Heppy is over in Canada atm, as well as Tom Harris and Elliot Smith.. Hit up Adam Sheekey for a ride and Tom Hall, they're still kicking around riding city dirt a lot..

Make friends with bmxers... You will learn much more off bmxers then most mtbers (except patto and the like)
Bmx riders are rad to ride with! thats pretty much all i ride with now.. Doesn't matter what you ride, if you're a top bloke you'll be respected! If you're that and you can ride well, then you're set for life ;) hahaha

booth

Squid
Hit up the bmx riders at Little Black Bike, they're a super rad crew and super nice! Mtb wise, Heppy is over in Canada atm, as well as Tom Harris and Elliot Smith.. Hit up Adam Sheekey for a ride and Tom Hall, they're still kicking around riding city dirt a lot..

Bmx riders are rad to ride with! thats pretty much all i ride with now.. Doesn't matter what you ride, if you're a top bloke you'll be respected! If you're that and you can ride well, then you're set for life ;) hahaha
Okay, ty
haha i've rode with Sheekey couple of times before, hes chiller
Oh btw, Patto i've seen some of your pics on facebook and pinkbike and they're all bloody insane!

g-fish

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Just dropped 1.5kgs off my bike, ditching steel bars and putting xc forks on.. I'd say the xc forks will be turfed in favour of my huck forks. Fun doing big bunny hops now though. Still got the Mag30 on the back.. sort of pointless.

Last edited:
thats quite a bit. what fork were you running?

i dropped quite a significant amount recently. running no front wheel, no stem, no bar, no cranks and no chain :)

oh wait... bike no working :( got a bmx for now though. Nat come for a city street ride

g-fish

Likes Bikes and Dirt
thats quite a bit. what fork were you running?

i dropped quite a significant amount recently. running no front wheel, no stem, no bar, no cranks and no chain :)

oh wait... bike no working :( got a bmx for now though. Nat come for a city street ride
Marzocchi drop offs, 3kgs of custom tuned, italian crafted pure strength.

I'm always down for a city ride, its handy living so close to the place! gimme a bell when youre keen.

hows tomorrow night sound? ill have to give you a ring when i get out of work though as i dont know when i finish (ill try get out about 4:30 but no promises), itll take me like 30 minutes to get to central after i leave work

Last edited: