The hardtail riding thread

rabatt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'm thinking from about 6ish, 6:30

Keen! However I'm pretty sure I'll attempt flairs again Tomorow so I might not be able to come if I'm injured

rabatt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I ride a pink and blue repco, Brakeless, one grip, front rack, chopper bars... I got tyre slide to feeble to fakies on it this arvo, and fakie to half cab, and did some skids

It's now carrying a 6 pack of corona for me :)

I also have a last Rufus but it's pretty crappy, always gets flat tyres

yeah my front dth was terrible in terms of punctures. got one almost every ride. and i checked it for glass, wire, burrs, everything and it was fine. trying out an npj to see what thats like

i ran all sorts. dh tubes, k mart tubes, tioga, kenda, maxxis. it wasnt the tubes, it was the tyre. i switched the front ttyre with the back to see if it was my rim, and it wasnt

rabatt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Happy 100 pages :D

Mine have been good till just recently I keep getting glass cuts, my tires are emo :(

yakuza857

Likes Bikes and Dirt
was thinking of getting dth next, maybe not now. i have tabletops (shitty wire ones) and maxxis welter weight tubes. ever only got two flats, both out the front of my house:eek:

g-fish

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Woo! 100 pages! To be honest, i thought the thread would die after 10!

Ive got a dth on the back with a tabletop on the front. Ive had more glass flats on the tabletop than the dth, but i think that's just luck. I havent liked the tabletop actually, i might go back to running an xc tire on the front.

Does anyone have a rear wheel thats lighter than my current dabomb on Mag30? Its bulletproof, but i really dont need it. Any old hub on a rhynolite or similar would be good. <$100 would be good too. Bolt up would be fantastic. Might be getting hopeful though.

Last edited:

rabatt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I have my old wheels up at home, profile Ss hubs, rhyno lite xl front, mtx rear, front is fine but the back rim is basically stuffed, and the hub has new bearings but it might need new springs and pawls/drive ring, which could be expensive.

I most likely won't ever use them again so if you want to pay postage you can probably have them

well octane one have some pretty decent hubs and rims for a really low price. they look just like older model ns hubs (probably are since both companies are own by 7anna) and the rims are like 30 bucks each and a decent weight

and almost 1000 posts :D

Last edited:

g-fish

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I have my old wheels up at home, profile Ss hubs, rhyno lite xl front, mtx rear, front is fine but the back rim is basically stuffed, and the hub has new bearings but it might need new springs and pawls/drive ring, which could be expensive.

I most likely won't ever use them again so if you want to pay postage you can probably have them
I think ill take you up on this offer rohan! Will i give you money for the postage next time we ride together? Or is there some bank account i should send it to?

The old ns hubs were all screw on driver weren't they?

JONO WADE

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The old ns hubs were all screw on driver weren't they?
I've got one of the old NS hubs and it has been working fine, might replace the cheap freewheel i came with, with a shimano one some time soon.
Congrats on the 100 pages guys, just thought i'd chime on in to take the 1000th post ;)

LOL it says number of replies in the thread listing, thats all the posts not including the OP, so infact yours is the 1001st post. but it is the 1000th reply ill give you that haha

a dth is fine as a front tyre. i ran a 2.15 at the front without any problems with traction

g-fish

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I reckon xc race tires make the best front tires, i dont think tire companies put as much R&D money into proper dj/street tires. Having said that, the dth seems to be better than most other dj tires.

Good xc tires me/mates have run: conti raceking/x-king, schwalbe racing ralph/nobbly nic, maxxis ikon/larsen/crossmark, bontrager xr1

Has anyone run khe's tires? Theyre super light and super expensive, so you'd hope they'd stick.. they arent meant to give much puncture protection though.

ive heard good things about the xr1, theyre sub 500g and seem to last a while.

and i agree that most dj specific tyres are heavier than they need to be. same deal with street specific tyres. if only more bmx tyres were available in 26"

yakuza857

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Has anyone run khe's tires? Theyre super light and super expensive, so you'd hope they'd stick.. they arent meant to give much puncture protection though.
my friend runs khe mac2 parks on his rigid 24" (i think they're called?) pretty crap. They are super light but he gets flats pretty much every time i go riding with him. Also way to slick for dirt, but are good tread for street and park. Defiantly not worth the money imo.