The hardtail riding thread

rabatt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
so ahh.... yeh

just some photographs to keep/get you inspired...

shorty getting wild on a crazy 270 flat spin thingy, myself getting sideways, and flipping things, and tommy not nose casing the second jump (he's been riding 6 months, broken his colar bone twice, and only actually ridden about 2 months of the 6 since he started)

Attachments

g-fish

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Shorty's flatspin is nuts as if your flip rohan! I rode for the first time in a week today, fuck the hsc.. eating all my time!

g-fish

Likes Bikes and Dirt
My euro bb is about to give up the ghost. I think ill buy some mtb cranks + external bb, but does anyone make a mtb chainring for bmx width chains? Or.. how easy is it to run a bmx crank in a external bb? I've seen someone, somewhere do it before.. not sure what sort of mods they did though.

http://www.homebrewedcomponents.com/ make 1/8" chainrings for mtb cranksets. but thats the only person/company ive found who makes them

and my leaf build is starting to come together a bit quicker. time to whore some pics of slightly exotic components :)

p4pb6934655.jpg

also got a kenda npj for the front sitting next to me, and a fork and front wheel are coming soon... hopefully. then i just need a seatpost, crankset, sprocket and chain and i once again have a functioning mountain bike. but after riding bmx for a bit i think ill get a rigid fork instead of suspension so its easier to switch between them. and to have motivation to stay smooth ;)

Last edited:

g-fish

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Those chainrings look cool, thanks for that! Not sure whether i'd trust a 31t chainring.. considering the large companies won't make such a thing (I have seen someone make a 30t though!)

It's good the bikes finally coming together too. I got new wheels yesterday, havent had time to put them on yet.. Profiles on rhyno lite/mtx. Courtesy of rohan.

I was considering building a new bike soon, but i think i might just stick with the current one and replace a few bits on it. Its shaping up quite nicely.. I'll throw up pictures later.

trust patto to show everyone up with some rad invert action :cool:

some really sick riding pics being posted up lately, keep it up!

not sure what mtb setup your running Nat, but usually a wheelset makes a huge difference. upgrading parts like frame/bar/fork is probably the way to go.

g-fish

Likes Bikes and Dirt
That superman seatgrab is properly big.

Here's my cycle - new wheels, bars, stem.

No fucken compact street geo here, only real men could get their balls stuck between the tire and that seat.

243 racing SL large, because im a large sized person.
Marzocchi drop off, lowered to 120mm
Profile 20mm hub on rhyno lite
Profile SS hub on mtx
Blk mrkt stem, bontrager bars, odi grips.
Some generic cranks, 30t superstar sprocket
Usually a juicy 5, but the disc is contaminated and I lost my star nut tool :(
I think it weighs in at 13.5kgs

The headset and bb are rooted. Waiting for a cheap set of slx/saint cranks to come along, then I'll whack a bigger drivetrain on.

After that maybe manitou circus's and a new frame? who knows!

the HTA looks really slack. everything else looks really solid though. i guess for a taller guy like yourself the slightly larger frame would be good, and that suckers not going to crack anytime soon.

just ordered an identiti rebate park for the leaf build too. its possible i will have a mtb running mid way through the month, but i still have a few expensive parts to buy so maybe not

g-fish

Likes Bikes and Dirt
yeah, i think the head angle is 68 or 69 degrees.. its a proper mtb, not a confused bmx. I have a bmx to do bmx stunts on... Dont get me started on your choice of rigids.

id love to run a front brake + geared set up with neutral gear. But such a set up is very expensive to get working well and maintain.

and do the pictures look really yellow? they looked fine on the screen i edited them on, but on this one they look terrible. sorry :)

top one looks a bit green to me but the other ones good.

yeah i guess so, i prefer a steep head tube but what ever works for you. in the end its your bike so...

yeah my bikes going to be pretty confused. 26", bmx stem, rigid fork and a disc brake. transsexual bike :)

Last edited:

rabatt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The photos are ever so slightly green, wouldn't stress about it.

Nat, you seem to love narrow bars! Other then that it's coming along nicely! Now, being the real man that you are I think you should come dirt jumping ;)

Actually would you be interested in road tripping to Canberra sometime? Belco skate park looks good

I used to run ridged forks, but I found I might as well just ride a Bmx, you lose most of the huckability of a Mtb with them.

I snapped my bars haha, got some NS proofs and an NS stem, they have heaps of backsweep which I'm undecided if I like or not, also got an NS stem which I won for having the most blood on me at the freedom jam haha, it's heaps shorter so that + bars makes my bike feel allot different.

well so far ive had quite a few flat landings on the bmx and my wrists arent hurting so i want to give it a go.

damn man, how'd you manage to snap a district!?

yeah my new bar has 12 degrees backsweep and 5 up so itll be a pretty big change from what im used to. i used to run 8 back and 4 up or something so itll take some getting used to. i run the same backsweep on both my bikes now though so switching between them will be a little easier.

Last edited:

JT252

Likes Dirt
that video only shows park of the park.

here is a walk through. looks so dope.

[video=youtube;PuhmvEp4eJw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PuhmvEp4eJw[/video]