The hardtail riding thread

rabatt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
just my 2c worth but White with black parts = OffGuts !! :clap2: hahaha
WTF does off guts mean? Is it good or bad? My guess is bad, white will look hideous! But who cares.

Good stuff rob, get it together thursday night, come to freedom on Friday, and don't even talk to me untill you hit the middle line, or die trying. K

LOL. actually friday works well as my class finished in enmore at 1... i guess i should put a brake on the bmx and get on down there sometime soon.

and ill be ordering on thursday, wont be complete for a while as the shop needs to get the parts in, build the wheel, blah blah blah itll take a while.

Last edited:

CrazyM

Likes Dirt
WTF does off guts mean? Is it good or bad? My guess is bad, white will look hideous! But who cares.

Good stuff rob, get it together thursday night, come to freedom on Friday, and don't even talk to me untill you hit the middle line, or die trying. K
'OffGuts' brother OffGuts, can mean WTF u want it 2 mean!! in this case 'white with all black Parts' i kinda think it'll look the f@&#@n goods!!

But if white ain't ur thing... like 'singlespeed' said... paint stripper is ur friend :eagerness:

rabatt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Your leaf is also clear coat rob? Might not be riding Friday caus I can't get my profile cranks out :(

yeah i snapped the axle in my rear hub so im out too (is it just me, or am i an absolute hack???). just as i think im going to finish the mtb build this happens. so now im getting a new rear hub for the bmx and a drivetrain for the mtb, as i dont want another axle to snap on me after another month of riding.

and if you are willing to do so, try cutting through the spindle spacers and spindle, then drilling the end of the crank bolt until theres no thread left in the spindle or bolt, use ye olde hammer to ge the arms off, then get a new spindle. its cheaper than a new crankset thats for sure.

yeah mines matte clear with a bit of rust. going with pretty much all black components and a bit of blue hardware. when this frame gets too rusty im probably going for a custom dobermann (hopefully something like the pinscher just with a spanish bb and bmx hub spacing)

i think once you get one custom frame, you dont want to go back to off the shelf frames haha. its too addicting. at least i get the bike exactly how i want it though, which is always sick. and now that i know a lot more about custom frames (primarily from my old one snapping) i think this one will be pretty awesome.

/essay

Last edited:

CrazyM

Likes Dirt
yeah i snapped the axle in my rear hub so im out too (is it just me, or am i an absolute hack???). just as i think im going to finish the mtb build this happens. so now im getting a new rear hub for the bmx and a drivetrain for the mtb, as i dont want another axle to snap on me after another month of riding.

and if you are willing to do so, try cutting through the spindle spacers and spindle, then drilling the end of the crank bolt until theres no thread left in the spindle or bolt, use ye olde hammer to ge the arms off, then get a new spindle. its cheaper than a new crankset thats for sure.

yeah mines matte clear with a bit of rust. going with pretty much all black components and a bit of blue hardware. when this frame gets too rusty im probably going for a custom dobermann (hopefully something like the pinscher just with a spanish bb and bmx hub spacing)

i think once you get one custom frame, you dont want to go back to off the shelf frames haha. its too addicting. at least i get the bike exactly how i want it though, which is always sick. and now that i know a lot more about custom frames (primarily from my old one snapping) i think this one will be pretty awesome.

/essay
'SingleSpeed' this is sic !!

Where do u get your frames made mann .?

yeah i think ill tweak the geo a bit though. lower bottom bracket height for sure.

'SingleSpeed' this is sic !!

Where do u get your frames made mann .?
my custom frame was a descendence. this will be a dobermann... maybe. still not 100% sure but i hope i can get one.

and the mtb has a slim chance of getting done next week. my cranks get in midway through the week, i got a proper 28t sprocket, 13t rear sprocket and kmc 710sl chain today, so i only need a front wheel now :)

Last edited:

sanderscain

Likes Dirt
hey guys looking seriously into selling my bike, unfortunately just getting over riding, after a quick guess on how much i'd get for, or how much you would pay for it.

Spec:
Frame: Last Cord
Forks: Fox Float lowered to roughly 100mm
Cranks: Eclat Tibia
Sprocket: Kink Sound 28 tooth
Rims: Funn misfits
Front hub: NS Roller Simple
Rear hub: NS Coaster Pro
Brakes: Avid juicy 3
Bars: Black Market Bada Booms
Stem: Dartmoor Funky

Colour scheme: Raw frame, raw cranks, red stem, everything else matte black. Will post pics in a while.
Thanks in advance guys,

sanderscain

Likes Dirt
hahha, yeah, i cant remember exactly what, i got it done professionally though, can't remember whether it was 90, 100 or 110. Pretty sure it was 110.

since were all posting bikes (the 2 above looking pretty dialled in i must say) i may as well post mine. built up a week ago and now has an avid elixer on it. x fusion velour at 50mm coming soon so ill have a street and dirt style setup.