The hardtail riding thread

CrazyM

Likes Dirt
since were all posting bikes (the 2 above looking pretty dialled in i must say) i may as well post mine. built up a week ago and now has an avid elixer on it. x fusion velour at 50mm coming soon so ill have a street and dirt style setup.

arrrr nice, and I gotta say loving it with the rigid's singlespeed ! :very_drunk:

booth

Squid
Anybody learn't any new tricks lately? I learnt two in the last week, fail tuck no handers (no cool extension) and fail tuck no handers to a faceplant. hahah :D

Singlespeedfreak your bike is amazing just btw :D

thanks man! it rides amazing too so im stoked on that.

yeah i just cant tuck no. ive tried but my hands prefer to be on the bars.

ive been trying quite a few tricks recently, landed a few of these but cant get them consistently: crooked pedal grind, feeble to 180, nollie 180, nollie to feeble, feeble to footjam (only got them on bmx, going to try on the big bike soon). other than that ive just been trying to go higher at parks and stay smooth, as thats what i really like doing, and what i need to improve on.

Last edited:
will do. i should be able to afford it in 2 weeks or so (thats if the distributor or shop will even do the lowering for me, i dont have time to learn how to service a fork), the a-c will be the same as an identiti rebate so it should be pretty sweet. im yet to find someone going that low with a velour but ive seen a fox float (think it was a 32) at 50mm so i dont see why the velour couldnt go that low.

Last edited:

g-fish

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Why do you want to go that low? Just seems silly to me,

I'll have twice as much travel and then some over you.

i want suspension for when i ride dirt, but i like the feeling of a low a-c. this way i have both. yes its a pretty strange setup, but then again im pretty strange so it should suit :p

rabatt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Having your front end to low makes manualing harder, makes tuck no handers harder, makes bunny hopping harder, makes everything harder, too high and it's a little weird too, mines abut too high but I cbf changing anything so I just got used to it. Your front end is too low at the moment, well for 26" wheels atleast, simply because you have no toe clearance, put a 100mm suspension fork on it and it WILL ride so much better, but whatever you feel comfortable on.

Btw our ride at freedom on Thursday was possibly the last... Pretty pissed off.

I had a go at riding a halfy today, I guess I did ok, managed to get abit over coping but it's ugly as.

Having your front end to low makes manualing harder, makes tuck no handers harder, makes bunny hopping harder, makes everything harder, too high and it's a little weird too, mines abut too high but I cbf changing anything so I just got used to it. Your front end is too low at the moment, well for 26" wheels atleast, simply because you have no toe clearance, put a 100mm suspension fork on it and it WILL ride so much better, but whatever you feel comfortable on.

Btw our ride at freedom on Thursday was possibly the last... Pretty pissed off.

I had a go at riding a halfy today, I guess I did ok, managed to get abit over coping but it's ugly as.
yeah i saw the photos :( . that absolutely sucks. hope this gets sorted on monday. im definitely coming down now.

never thought about the toe clearance thing. good point. might not go as low as 50mm then. doc also says the rigid is partly to blame for my wrist inflammation last week so i can occasionally ride rigid, but not every ride, so maybe having a higher fork is a good idea.

now if youll excuse me, i have some hardtail riding to do :D thornleigh methinks.

Last edited:
haha. words to live by :thumb:

yeah as always plans fail, ended up riding the new pumptrack/skills park up at wahroonga. so much fun! and its local so that makes it even better :)

also ive got an hour or 2 to spare tomorrow before the meeting with manly council. any street spots nearby?

Last edited:
yeah from what i took from the meeting they want us to form a corporation and pay for the land and insurance, which in my opinion is completely unreasonable. lets hope that it gets covered by the same insurance that covers skateparks and is left unchanged. closing down freedom would leave so many riders with nowhere to ride.

JT252

Likes Dirt
That sucks to hear.

Went for an early morning skatepark sesh this morning so good to have just me in the park such a nice morning for it too. Met a 63 year old guy who was ripping on his stp too which i thought was pretty cool.

yeah, today was an awesome day for riding. not too hot but nice and sunny.
6154461871_53e0bd1c0b_z.jpg

63 and still riding? thats pretty cool. the way my joints are going the only thing ill be riding at 63 is a wheelchair.

Last edited:
not much activity, so i thought id share this (credit for the find goes to christian)

so keen to ride this these holidays! me and one other guy may be adding some trannies for some of the bigger stuff so you dont die, but it has so much potential. seems like a good spot for filming or taking photos as not many people go there
secret spot.jpg

apparently theres some cool wallrides and stuff behind where the camera is. will definitely take some pics/vids when i go down there.

Last edited: