The Husky 100ker

Jackstack

Likes Dirt
A few scattered showers will just damp things down nicely. I took a bunch of kids for school sport for a ride this morning on one of the worst tracks in the area for mud (cabbage tree) and it was primo... tacky hero dirt! So I reckon coondoo and superbowl would be just fine (but yes some of the clay firetrails will be soft).
So will you be on the start line Mr Delmar?

mooze

Likes Bikes
Hi Guys
Gorgeous full on sunshine here this morning. Matt's been on trails a fair bit and they're lovely and tacky and SCUM have done an awesome job on grooming.

Unless we get over 100mill + Saturday we'll be riding Sunday.

Also just a quick reminder - if you're transferring entry from another person you Must attend rego on Saturday night. Timing guys will shoot me if I allow transfers on Sunday morning. :)

iscarrr

Likes Dirt
Quick question about the race start. So Elite are all lined up for 7:30, bang off they all go - the rest of the field hangs a min, and then based on self seeding, groups of 60 or so are let go? i.e there aren't allocated start times or anything like that?

Presumably your time starts as you cross over the timing mat as you set off?

mooze

Likes Bikes
Same as last year for those not racing for prize money - groups of 60 or so, calf checks will be done to ensure you're looking about the right group ;), and time when you go over the mat (or Matt if you feel like running him over)

harmonix1234

Eats Squid
Looking out the window and it's flawless riding weather today.
No wind, fresh and cool but not cold, sun streaming through the window. Looks good.

foolbis

Likes Dirt
Looking out the window and it's flawless riding weather today.
No wind, fresh and cool but not cold, sun streaming through the window. Looks good.
Now that the Rocket Ron's are fitted, I am secretly hoping a bit of rain does come down this afternoon, just to make it worth the while switching from my hardpack tyres!! :)

harmonix1234

Eats Squid
Now that the Rocket Ron's are fitted, I am secretly hoping a bit of rain does come down this afternoon, just to make it worth the while switching from my hardpack tyres!! :)
Just got home, looking out the window now I can see grey skies, with a few dark clouds looming, and it's really humid and warm.
Dosn't look like big old rain clouds, but it does seem to be brewing.
Might get a drop or two. Will post later on tonight to let you know how it's looking.

BTW-The Rons just fly on the hardpack :)

harmonix1234

Eats Squid
OK I take it back. Its wet enough here already no more rain required
Yeah, just had a nice dump here. Cats and dogs for the last hour.
Seems to be easing up now though.
It's so localised though, and my house is a good 40kms from the start line so fingers crossed.

foolbis

Likes Dirt
I'm at the campground. Just got the tent up in time! They tell me it hasnt rained all day but iif its like this all nite we will be in for some fun.

Will trust the forecast tho and hopefully it will just pass thru.

Shrekmeister

Likes Dirt
Nooo....it cant rain...im due to pick up my new S Works from Berry Mountain Cycles in the morning and go for a spin.....

:biggrin:

pinkbike

Likes Dirt
This weather sucks! It's still raining and now it's a question of is this going to be worth the bike maintenance or do we just call it quits and drive 5 hrs back home