The "I will ride _____km in 2024" thread - commit and conquer here!!

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
How far will you ride in 2016?

Been meaning to post a thread like this for a while and SJP's thread spurred me in to action. Last year I wanted to clock 2500km on my bikes but injury decided otherwise. So this year I'm going to step it up to make up for lost KMs.

In 2016 I will ride 2501 kilometers on my bikes in a mix of commuting and trail riding (I actually get to ride my fav trails as part of my commute to work every day. My life rocks.)

How far will you ride in 2016?

Feel free to update us on your progress, I'm currently sitting at 12.2km.

Have at it. :horn::horn::horn:

Last edited:

NUTTTR

Likes Dirt
I rode 1300km on the MTB in 2015, so I say at least 1500km in 2016. Although with a second kid due in a month, I don't like my chances.

Kind_cir

Likes Dirt
Well, i'm going to shoot high and aim for 2000km. Keeping in mind, i have a torn medial meniscus, and heart failure. About 50% trail km's and the other 50% commuting to the local trails.

Starting tomorrow.....

Edit: just seen I done 152.6km from 13Th Oct, when I started riding. 2000km may be a bit much, but i'm sticking to it.

Last edited:

link1896

Mr Greenfield
2200km this year. 2015 was only 1600ish, 2014 was 4100km. Oh childless life was easy. Need to look into options to drag the little man around soon.

Ky1e

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Banged out 2500 last year, some road km though. If I can do 3k km this year I'll be happy. 3 kids and a needy wife sure limit time though

c3024446

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Did 3200 last year, that was the worst I've done in 4 years. Going to see if I can break my all time record this year - 6038km!!

styler

Likes Dirt
Did 2703km last year all trail riding, just missed out on the 3000 I was working towards. Sickness, injury and weather held me back. Trying again for 3000 next year.

nakedape

Likes Dirt
Well, i'm going to shoot high and aim for 2000km. Keeping in mind, i have a torn medial meniscus, and heart failure. About 50% trail km's and the other 50% commuting to the local trails.

Starting tomorrow.....

Edit: just seen I done 152.6km from 13Th Oct, when I started riding. 2000km may be a bit much, but i'm sticking to it.
I'll be cheering for you mate

And, I'm gonna go 3000km - mixed road and mtb (put 50km in the bag NY day)

Pyro645

Cannon Fodder
Did 1200km last year would like to hit 2000km but with family and work I think 1500km should be a manageable average of 28.84km per week

link1896

Mr Greenfield
tagalong km's X 1.5

He's currently 9 months, there is conflicting advice regarding suitable age to begin being bounced around in a trailer. Will probably wait till 12 months. A 20kg weight penalty sure will make climbing k's count

Kind_cir

Likes Dirt
I'll be cheering for you mate

And, I'm gonna go 3000km - mixed road and mtb (put 50km in the bag NY day)
Thanks. Good luck with your 3000km, I'll be cheering for you too.

If I could do a 50km ride by the middle of the year, I'll be cheering myself too. Today I rode to the local trails done some laps and home via a smooth down hill track and clocked 20km.

Only 1980km to go now.

Psimpson7

Likes Dirt
My target for this year is to hit 10,000 k's. Will probably be a 70/30% split between the roadie and the mtb. Got quite close last year.

2 rides so far, 40k on the mtb yesterday and 103k on the roadie this morning.

GazzaPops

Likes Bikes
Last year I targeted 2500 km and finished at 2513 km.
I ride a mix of mtb, road and stationery trainer.
This year the target is 3000 km. I will be training to do 100 km at the Golden Triangle Epic this year so I will need to log some big k's to start the year.
My total so far this year is 0, but I'll be heading out tomorrow to clock 40+ on the mountain bike.

pharmaboy

Eats Squid
Ok previous couple of years, just under 4000km off road, so 2016 , 5000km

That's going to be 80km per week as a minimum and an average of 96km with the occasional big weekend ride once month .

>90% off road, and no road bike kms (that's just gay).

Funny how everybody faster than me seems to do more km - must be genetic....