The "I will ride _____km in 2024" thread - commit and conquer here!!

akashra

Eats Squid
2009: 8972
2010: 7981
2011: 7497
2012: 4300
2013: 8138
2014: 5991
2015: 5337

For 2016 I'm going to aim for 8,000, but if I can stick to doing 200km/week then 10,000km isn't unreasonable.

Plans for 2016 include Easter in the Alice, and 8 days of riding in Hawaii in May, including climbing Mauna Kea and Mauna Loa.
Also want to get back down to ~67kg. Beginning of November 2015 I was 76kg, already down to 71kg.

Kind_cir

Likes Dirt
Done 6km yesterday with one long uphill on road.

Today done my most km I have ever done, 30km on and offroad with lots of hills. Also done a PB of 19km in 1hr.

So stoked with todays effort.

1930 km to go

MarioM

Likes Dirt
Well I`m going to try and aim for 3000 . Last year i had 1896 but was without my garmin for a month so would have been over 2000 . All offroad .

Lurkin

Likes Dirt
~6,600 kms commuting last year, hoping to increase to ~20,000kms this year (this is commuting, not MTB trail riding). Was only hindered by mechanical problems, to be remedied this year 8) . I would be happy with an additional ~2,600kms more of casual riding, MTB trails etc.... already behind on this front...

Lurkin

Likes Dirt
40kms on the dot, measured with bike computer and phone GPS. Meh, beats sitting in dero wee on the train or going crazy with road rage. The route is almost entirely on bike paths (or has a bike lane) and goes against both the cycling traffic and the vehicle traffic. So it's 40km per day at 32km/h, reasonably constant other than the occasional traffic light or road/bridge crossing. Would take it over 'closer' options any day of the week. 8)

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
80km a day for 250 out of 365 isn't fucking around!

after 11 days I sit on 103km and an elevation gain of 1,357m..., on target...., for now.

Last edited:

Jezza K

Likes Dirt
I like the sound of 100k a week with a couple of off weeks so I'll go 5000.

I'm at 223 so far.

Last year I got 3300 as I wasn't very strict with the stravering so I'm confident(ish)

pharmaboy

Eats Squid
Pissed down with rain for first week, and sprained my ankle yesterday, got 3 weeks away in next 6- far out! Going to need to cheat with spin cycle kms to have any chance for Jan and feb.... ;(

SF Trailboy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Pissed down with rain for first week, and sprained my ankle yesterday, got 3 weeks away in next 6- far out! Going to need to cheat with spin cycle kms to have any chance for Jan and feb.... ;(
Better off to park 5km from your trails if you drive or detour your ride to them by about the same amount if you roll to them. 10km extra right there each ride and is a great warm up and warm down...

Kind_cir

Likes Dirt
Done 14km on Monday followed by a 70hr working week with no riding and a full on weekend with no riding. Will embark on another 70hr week come tomorrow with no time to ride also, so that will make 2 weeks off the bike.

1916km to go.

Done 14km on Monday followed by a 70hr working week with no riding and a full on weekend with no riding. Will embark on another 70hr week come tomorrow with no time to ride also, so that will make 2 weeks off the bike.

1916km to go.
Doesn't work suck balls when it comes to time for things you want to do.

I'm 120 into my 2000

moorey

call me Mia
375 as of today. Got a few extra rolls in while family is away. At this rate I'd make 8000. My projected 5000 is more realistic, and on the cards.

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
240 and counting. Nothing this weekend, due to time leaching wife and kids and their associated entourages.