The "I will ride _____km in 2024" thread - commit and conquer here!!

safreek

View attachment 349894

When i bought my bike in October - i had been made redundant .....
So . since Oct 6 i made a commitment to ride 1000km before New Years - I'm close ....But not game to check the odo on my bike .( edit - i checked , 5 days to go so only 25 km rides ? )

and there are a couple of days to go !

Keeping in mind i had ridden marginally up till that point , i feel pretty good .
My aim is to ride more of the Bike trails in Vic , Harcourt , Bright etc and do the Epic with a mate early next year .

Oh , and get a job .
No way bro, that getting a job shit will just fuck with your riding plans. Not being nasty, but, wake up to yourself and keep up the biking

rextheute

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Spot On .

Actually , I don’t know how you fit all the stuff in .
With a job and family and life n stuff .....

My wife/partner cracks it as I’m “ never around” , but bike doesn’t complain , it takes all my shit and wants more !

Plus it’s good thinking time on the trail , nothing else matters , peddle , don’t crash , peddle more .
Repeat .

I am the luckiest man alive !

Paulie_AU

Likes Dirt
Less k's and rides this year mainly due to my wife being injured so pretty much 52 Saturday arvo XC rides missing this year.

download.png

Big break mid year due to renovating. Also a year of injuries. Had heaps of fun on the bike though.

Bummed I crashed hard first day of xmas holidays and missed 5 days riding. Was keen to crack 12 everest.

100,000m was my goal for climbing and cracked that.
Raced enduro this year with best result being 7th in elite. Missed 3 rounds so overall 19th. Kinda off racing now not as much fun as going for a rip with a bunch of mates but was good to get me out onto some different trails. Might have more fun in 40+ instead of elite.

Last edited:

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
upload_2019-1-1_18-40-34.png

A terrible year for me on the dirt, there is probably 5 or six rides not counted on there but it would only equal another 100-120kms. A new roll at work, injury, travel,wet weather and kids sport (all the excuses) all contribute to some very average numbers.

The daily commute is also not logged so that's about 6000kms, but that doesn't count.

flamin'trek

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Bit of a slack year really. Should have recorded a couple of ‘just to the shops’ rides. Did 2014km in 2018, and didn’t realise until too late to correct it up a few kms.

Travis22

Likes Dirt
BFA731D4-4583-4F2C-BA66-50CEDB5452A1.jpeg
Far out, got closer to my meaningless ‘3000’ dream distance then i thought. Probably should have gone hard in Dec and i might have made it! Surly 2019 will be the year!

Travis.

slider_phil

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Final year end count. Lack of elevation is due to two things. One, I live in the flattest damn town around. Two, 118 of those 192 rides were on the trainer meaning 0m elevation logged on Trainerroad.

Final ride for the year was 55km and 1200m vert to try and make up a little bit

Already got 50kms down for 2019 today so off to a good start

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Haven't broken 10,000km in 2 years now and for the first time, didn't even break 100,000m elevation... was a good year anyway, lots of MTB rides and lots of riding with my kids.

Just completed the Rapha Festive 500 on New Years Eve so 500km of the total was all in one week.

strava.jpg

Elbo

pesky scooter kids git off ma lawn
  • 1,829 km
  • 88 hours
  • 15,000 m
Haven't ridden a great deal this year. I finished up working in the bike industry as a mechanic in September. Before that I had really lost the love for cycling. I started a full time job in another industry, and have less time for riding, but I'm enjoying my rides more now. I'm yet to find a way to ride to work regularly, as I often have to take a lot of gear with me, but this year I'm committing to riding 50km a week minimum. That works out at 2,600km for the year, but I want to focus on the 50km per week goal as that will keep me on track and make sure I do at least 2 rides a week.

MarioM

Likes Dirt
Well 2018 didn`t go so well for me . After the snapped achilles in December 2017 was not able to start riding until March 18 and then was only allowed cycle way with no climbing . First dirt ride in April still no climbing allowed . A string of other muscle problems resulting from a non used leg hampered me most of the year but started to really find a good run from October . Looking forward to this year being injury free and hoping for over 3000 on the dirt .
WP_20190106_22_42_49_Pro.jpg

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
I aimed for 1200 this year, looking to do 100 / month. So far I'm sitting on 756, so will hopefully go past the 1200...

ozzybmx

From 10,000-12,000km 3 years ago and beyond to what I'm at now, didnt even make 100,000vm last year.... was hoping for 8k distance this year, looking shithouse so far, on the plus side, its more MTB than road commutes.

ozzybmx

Were coming to the close of 2019, yet another year with a reduced distance... but on the plus side, I have been doing more MTB rides.

My commutes dropped off massively due to increased workload recently and I sold my roadie. I will not be doing the Strava challenge called the Rapha Festive 500 this year as we head to Derby in just over 3 weeks.

The peaks are the Festive 500 last Christmas and the 800km Mawson trail ride a couple of months back. Hopefully more bikepacking in 2020.

I would say I'll break the 5000km... just.