The "I will ride _____km in 2024" thread - commit and conquer here!!

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
There is nothing festive about that 500
Tell me about it, every year I seem to forget how much of a bitch it is. I have completed it 3 times since 2014, failed once and unable to do it once (twice including this year)... nearly glad I cant do it this year ;)

You work it out in your head, 3 x commutes, 1 big 150km ride and 2 x 80km shes done.... then Christmas festivities leave you with a hangover or motha nature hit us with 3 days over 40°C.

2018's was nearly all done in the dark due to the heat.

Stuck on the beer fridge...

creaky

XMAS Plumper
Feeling pretty comfortable with my goals after a push in the last month.

130km to go of my 7500km riding goal

11km to go on my 300km running goal (revised this down mid year from my original 500km - what was I thinking!)

Paulie_AU

Likes Dirt
My k's are down due to change of job. Might get near 4700 but kinda cannot be fucked. New bike currently out of action due to run in with big stick.

AaronM

Likes Dirt
have strava released the end of year stats link yet, i want to see how far i went on each bike etc

My stats are low - but I only bought the bike in July then spent August out of the country.

Next year I’ll be aiming to go around triple the distance....

Mattyp

Cows go boing
veloviewer does a pretty cool infographic from your strava activities... I still have some time to crack the 100k of vertical. probably already done it as i have some strava-free riding areas but if it aint on strava it didnt happen...

Last edited:

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
veloviewer does a pretty cool infographic from your strava activities... I still have some time to crack the 100k of vertical. probably already done it as i have some strava-free riding areas but if it aint on strava it didnt happen...
Nice one, that's a cute way of showing the year.

So do you just ride straight up mountains? Cos that's a shitload of elevation per km!

I actually think breaking my back made mine look more impressive than it would have

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
i have some strava-free riding areas but if it aint on strava it didnt happen...
strava free to keep them secret? near macedon me wants

here’re my stats..i struggled to think when i rode 170..remembered left the city to cape schack watch sun tour start, then back to arthur’s seat for fin, then rolled to frankston to get train home, i was stuffed, all on fixed gear bike

Attachments

Last edited:

Mattyp

Cows go boing
strava free to keep them secret? near macedon me wants

here’re my stats..i struggled to think when i rode 170..remembered left the city to cape schack watch sun tour start, then back to arthur’s seat for fin, then rolled to frankston to get train home, i was stuffed, all on fixed gear bike
Macedon is on strava, that's not secret anymore.... Quiet the opposite, getting some heavy usage now before the loggers come in and chop all the trees down. Still worth the ride, especially after some rain.

k3n!f

leaking out the other end
Pretty bad year for me on the bike. Nearly 4 months off with some nasty spinal fractures, and 75% since then has been on the road for rehab.

Lets hope for a better 2020! Aiming to get back over 4000km with some solid off road time.

#nobaddays