The "I will ride _____km in 2024" thread - commit and conquer here!!

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Happy new year all, may your trails be covered in hero dirt and your rides effortless and endless.

4k is my goal for 2018.

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
i think i did ok for a fella that didn't set a goal and that spent a solid couple of months tenderized with cracked ribs:
Distance 2,214.5 km
Time 273h 2m
Elev Gain 39,007 m
Rides 172
i dont strava the CX bike though, and that odometer cracked over 2,000 this year as well so i'm pretty happy with it overall.

I reckon i'll aim for 3,000 MTB kms and another 2,000 boring kms for 2018, feels achievable after 2017s effort

Minlak

custom titis
I have a big year of "Other Stuff" I want to achieve that will cut into the riding. However it seems I have been doing practically nothing anyway according to Strava. Soooooooo
2000kms seems like a big effort for me. The first part of the year is getting ready for the Port to Port in May so that will take care of the bulk of the k's

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
VeloViewerInfoGraphic_2017.png

Lots of road k's in there and over two months of zero activity with a fractured heel, but still managed to ride some new places, more of the same for 2018.

Last edited:

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Loads of road kms, actually the majority would be road and CX. Fell short of my usual distance but still ok considering the renovation shit this year.

summary.jpg

Attachments

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
still hoping for 100K elevation this year, don't care about km's -i will be working on some more high intensity stuff i hope, ill prob ride a bit less mtb & a bit more gravel road climbing

fridgie

Likes Dirt
Missed the revised goal of 3k last year after hitting the original 2.5k target, so will be aiming for 3K this year.

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
I have no idea of how many k's we do, or how much we climb. I'm just not interested. But we average 2 to 3 rides a week, and when on holidays, we ride pretty much every day. I'm just hoping my aging body hangs in there and we can keep doing what we love doing so much.

looks like I'm going to fall over the line at about 2000kms, won't get any riding done between now and Xmas

currently on 106 rides, 120 hrs, 1,991kms, 25,000m elevation

700kms on the Prime

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Well 2018 was another dip in my cycling distance.
5900km and 82000vm... didn't even break 100000vm this year.
I always do the Strava challenge, Rapha Festive 500 so 7 days till it starts, will end up with 6500km+... still a long way short of the 10k-12k a year I used to get.
Onwards and upwards for 2019 ya'll !

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Fizza for me too!

Had a 6k / 100,000m goal this year. Have unfortunately had to call it quits for the year at 5130km / 78,709m. 223hrs.
2019 I'm going for a 250hrs time goal instead so it doesn't matter what bike or where I ride. Hopefully back on the bikes early next year.

Last edited:

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
4,278km 48,172vm although I didn't record bike park days and I was pretty slack with recording earlier in the year. Hoping to crack 4,500km for the year.

Would like to do 6,000km next year.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
I’m currently 383km short of my 10k goal for the year. 105k vm

I thought I was done for after taking a 6 week holiday without a bike recently but have been hitting it consistently for the last 3 weeks at home. It’s so close, I’ve got to make it !
You can do it!

Had an 8k goal, which was 500 over what I did last year. And I'm currently 616 over that with 4 riding days to go.

So that's 8,600km total, with 6,200km of that on the Procal, so probably 3,000 actually on dirt and probably a grand total of 300 meters vertical.