The "I will ride _____km in 2024" thread - commit and conquer here!!

Elbo

pesky scooter kids git off ma lawn
Too dangerous these days. Started doing a gravel commute up the hill to home rather than ride the road, enjoyed it more so the roadie got sold after not being used for 6 months.
I'm considering selling my roadie for similar reasons. Always enjoyed the solitude of riding road, but know too many people who've had run ins or near misses with cars. We're expecting a baby soon too and there's nothing like realising you're going to be a dad to make you reassess riding on the road.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Sorry Ozzy - all downhill from here...
agreed he’s peaked, like iphone sales—only way is down
How is this strange 2020 looking for you all ?

2019 was 4522km and 71806vm

I think my words were, onwards and up for 2020 :(

There was zero commuting or road rides this year, basically all dirt and a little bit of gravel.

I will not be attempting the Festy500 so it's looking like I may be lucky to scrape 3000km which is pretty miserable.

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Sweet spot for me is around 250hrs / 100,000m elevation.
Going by hours rather than kms means I don't have to choose bikes to get my goal.
Last year was a write off for me with only 132hrs / 40,000m.
Given the challenges this year I'm happy to be well up on last year but still no where near 250hrs / 100,000m :(

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
Sweet spot for me is around 250hrs / 100,000m elevation.
good goal, i aim for the same, have 270hrs up already, but only 75000 vert, slacked off in the 2nd half re climbing, have done very little..my power numbers are way down, going by some segment times/output i’m down over 10% & closer to 15% normal output, thought cos i was vege my Fe was down, but had a swathe of blood tests just lately and everything looking normal

rextheute

Likes Bikes and Dirt
you fellas seem to ride a lot !

My Stats

All-Time
Last 4 Weeks
  • <span><span></span></span>
Avg Rides / Week2
Avg Distance / Week42 km
Avg Time / Week2h 29m
Distance1,556.4 km
Time87h 14m
Elev Gain21,417 m
Rides69
Distance3,513.4 km
Rides193
Biggest Ride45.6 km
Biggest Climb

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
Aim was to hit 1000km this year. Done 854km so far not been out since 25/10 but should be able to hit the 1k mark by end of year unless of course if Adelaide gets locked down then pfft.

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
Should get close to 2000 kms. First year I've recorded kms so I've got no benchmark - and there has been no commuting at all this year due to smoked out start to the year and WFH since March.

Scotty T

Walks the walk
Aim was to hit 1000km this year. Done 854km so far not been out since 25/10 but should be able to hit the 1k mark by end of year unless of course if Adelaide gets locked down then pfft.
I'm up to 988, last year was 1040, so I'll definitley beat that. The Bronson is about to hit 2000km for 2 years, and have over 50km on each of my vintage bikes.

I've also done 700km on the e-cruiser commuting and cruising, but I don't log those.

Scotty T

Walks the walk
My Km's are ok but they must have been lazy K's as my elevation is way down - Welp got an e-bike now better fix that :)
My elevation will finish about 3500-4000m more this year. It would be difficult to calculate by how much, but everyone knows your elevation is quite a bit less on an e-bike. My mate gets in 4-6 climbs where I'd get 2 doing a self-shuttle, so maybe about half?

*Edit: I'm probably 30% fitter than said mate too.

Minlak

custom titis
My elevation will finish about 3500-4000m more this year. It would be difficult to calculate by how much, but everyone knows your elevation is quite a bit less on an e-bike. My mate gets in 4-6 climbs where I'd get 2 doing a self-shuttle, so maybe about half?

*Edit: I'm probably 30% fitter than said mate too.
I don't have strava premium - but it tells me my biggest climb is 405m? Do you think they mean like the mountain was 405m in height? When I did the Port to Port we did at least one 1500m day. Weird

mike14

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I don't have strava premium - but it tells me my biggest climb is 405m? Do you think they mean like the mountain was 405m in height? When I did the Port to Port we did at least one 1500m day. Weird
Biggest climb is the single highest climb, not the total

Minlak

custom titis
Biggest climb is the single highest climb, not the total
Ahhhh ok that makes sense - My Garmin says 1349m for most elevation in a ride. Its actually interesting to look back at what you have done for the year - If you asked me I would have flat out lied as it seems like more especially as my average is 3 rides a week. Thought I was more active than I am. Gotta get 10km more running in for the year too it seems to get 100Kms for the year :)