The "I will ride _____km in 2024" thread - commit and conquer here!!

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
Stood up the wife n kids today and did 30km on the bottom of mystic. Will hit it tomorrow with the boy, and with a hopeful shuttle to the top, try and hit everything blue plus the AM track.

Only 1470km to go...

Flint

Likes Dirt
Going to aim for 2000, Only did around 600 last year but a broken leg does limit your riding somewhat.

I guess if I am going to record all my rides I'll need a shiny new GPS! It is my b'day soon ;-)

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
For 2016, I hope to at least match the 5000 odd kms I racked up in 2015 (some of them were quite odd...). But I want to pull off a 200km ride on the roadie and ride Bulla's Epic again. And get my brother up here and show him around Stromlo and Kowen.

fridgie

Likes Dirt
No total km goals here, wanting to complete a 50km and 100km ride on the roadie in various events, hope to get a 50-60km weekend on the mtb and try to spend 2-3weekends a month on the mtb with 3-4 days a week on the roadie. Generally only ride 20-30km max very infrequently atm.

BizL

Likes Dirt
I will get off my arse n get out to derby one weekend before the weather down here turns to shit.

richie_gt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
In 2015 I rode a tad over 3,000 km. I also rode my longest distance of 86 km in the Sydney to gong ride.

My aim in 2016 is to do 4,000 km...so far I have done 0 KM! Haha! As far as MTB'ing is concerned I want to become better at AM/XC riding, I'm ok at descending but pretty rubbish at climbing. I commute to work on my old MTB but I'm considering getting a road bike to do more bulk KM's!

Overall I just want to continue to have fun on my bike!

scblack

Leucocholic
Well I have done:

2012 I did 3,900.
2013 did 4,000
2014 did 5,000
2015 did 5,000
Thats roadie kms.
5,000 was a struggle this year so I will target 4,000 for 2016.

I don't log my MTB riding as it's generally DH or gravity enduro style. But it's good to set a target for the year.

How about 60hours MTB riding for the year? That's a bit more than an hour a weekend, seeing I'll miss many and others I'll try to manage at least two hours.

SF Trailboy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Like to think I can hit 3500km this year will be a combo of road and xc kms... (up from 2900km - this year)

Also would like to think I could finally get off the beers and pies and any other fast foods....

More likely to hit the first target than the 2nd and will still be over 100kgs....

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
about 3700 last year, 700 of that on dirt. aiming for similar this year, dropped of a decent amount as I focused on other sports. Main aim this year is a general improvement in times at one event, maybe another 100km xcm, and definitely an improvement in getting my ass out of bed when I set the alarm at 6am on sundays to be out and back before family duties take over. a bit bummed the number of places I didn't ride at all last year.

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
Just under 700km (all Mtb) in 2015 and 13k elevation. Aiming for 1000km and 20k Elevation. (All Mtb)
Maybe get a roadie but those stats will be separate.

Nath8

Likes Dirt
Did 1300 k's from June until the end of the year. (Never owned a Garmin prior to that - Wasn't up with all the new age tech stuff:embarassed:)

Plan this year is 3000 k's. Already done 83 of them.

redbruce

Eats Squid
Science says, with heart failure, and a knee that likes to just dislocate if I stand on it wrong, I should probs not be doing a lot of Mountain biking.

Well I say , FUCK SCIENCE !

I would just like to show all the doubters, that you can achieve your goals if you set your mind to it. Stop making excuses, and get on with it.

on season, off season, fuck that redbruce, just go any season.
Like yer spunk Cir and admire the sentiment, then again if you haven't already, something tells me that with that diagnosis you will come to appreciate, if not value, medical science at some point (may not happen overnight, but it will happen :).

In any case, at best (after all it doesn't know everything), science can only predict on balance of evidence and probability. Not an absolute (like cold in Melbourne in off season), so don't despair.

Enjoy riding in tropical torrential rain (as I would if I didn't have to wear glasses to see).

Last edited:

Kind_cir

Likes Dirt
Like yer spunk Cir and admire the sentiment, then again if you haven't already, something tells me that with that diagnosis you will come to appreciate, if not value, medical science at some point (may not happen overnight, but it will happen :).

In any case, at best (after all it doesn't know everything), science can only predict on balance of evidence and probability. Not an absolute (like cold in Melbourne in off season), so don't despair.

Enjoy riding in tropical torrential rain (as I would if I didn't have to wear glasses to see).
Yer too true, hopefully science will bring me an injection of stem cells so I can rebuild my heart, and you some fancy laser or contact lens solution, so you can ride in the rain.

7.5km before the rain yesterday (ironically) so only 1972.5km to go.

sane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Did almost 3400km in '15, about 90% dirt/ mud, with 2 months off with a broken fibula.

In '16 I have decided to not break anything so 4000 should be doable. Haven't ridden a metre yet this year though

Elbo

pesky scooter kids git off ma lawn
Did 3500km last year, planning to step it up big time and do 9000km this year. Having a roadie helps.