The "I will ride _____km in 2024" thread - commit and conquer here!!

Litenbror

Eats Squid
Alright, 20km this afternoon and 500m of climbing, all on dirt so a good start to 2021.

Going to go for 3000km this year how about everyone else?

Last edited:

moorey

call me Mia
Alright,t20km this afternoon and 500m of climbing, all on dirt so a good start to 2021.

Going to go for 3000km this year how about everyone else?
Wait...are people counting road and gravel grinding? Mates can crank out 100km on a roadie in a day without breaking a sweat. Should count as 25% of real km’s.

Litenbror

Eats Squid
Wait...are people counting road and gravel grinding? Mates can crank out 100km on a roadie in a day without breaking a sweat. Should count as 25% of real km’s.
Thanks for pointing out the typo sorted that now.

I count all time on the MTB which can include to and from places like Stromlo etc. Not sure how everyone else does it but doesn't really matter, as long as we are on the bike and not spreading COVID it's winning.

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
I’m aiming for 1,051km off road this year (equivalent to length of the Munda Biddi). Blows my mind that someone did it in 2 days, 17 hours last year...

Aiming to do double that in training rides on the hardtail so I’m less of a spud on the flats and climbs.

Currently weighing at an even 100kg so hopefully finish the year somewhere in the lower half of the 90’s.

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
I didn't set a goal last year, but for my first full year on the bike I was happy with this. Would have been nice to hit 2.5k.

Will be climbing more in 2021, so long as the borders stay open, and other responsibilities will severely deplete any me time, but I'm going to put it out there and aim for 3k with 50k of elevation.

Sent from my SM-A205YN using Tapatalk

SummitFever

Eats Squid
Was hoping to crack the 100,000m vert in 2020. Have never been able to do that. Stupid Garmin is no longer being recognised over USB to the computer so I've got no data for the last two weeks, but I was at 6454km and 95,531m climbing with two weeks to go. Some of that is bike path and a little road riding on the way to Majura/Stromlo/the mountains and back but it's all been done on my Trance and once-a-month overnighter on the Anthem.

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
Was hoping to crack the 100,000m vert in 2020. Have never been able to do that. Stupid Garmin is no longer being recognised over USB to the computer so I've got no data for the last two weeks, but I was at 6454km and 95,531m climbing with two weeks to go. Some of that is bike path and a little road riding on the way to Majura/Stromlo/the mountains and back but it's all been done on my Trance and once-a-month overnighter on the Anthem.
hit the connector w air compressor, then wipe w alcohol on cotton tip if u have it - tried swapping cord already? 75% problems are wire breakage inside cord

SummitFever

Eats Squid
Good tip. It might be crap in the connector. I'll give it a clean. I've tried a couple of cables so its unlikely to be the cable (indeed I'm using the cable right now to flash some firmware on a microcontroller).

SummitFever

Eats Squid
The good news: I cleaned the connector with some electronic contact cleaner and some compressed air and hey presto it now works! Great tip @Daniel Hale .

The bad news: total climbing was 99,661m. Having said that, there were a few rides when I didn't take the Garmin or the stupid thing ran out of batteries, so I probably achieved more than 100,000 vert, but you know what they say "If it didn't record on the Garmin it's like you didn't do the ride"

;)

link1896

Mr Greenfield
The good news: I cleaned the connector with some electronic contact cleaner and some compressed air and hey presto it now works! Great tip @Daniel Hale .

The bad news: total climbing was 99,661m. Having said that, there were a few rides when I didn't take the Garmin or the stupid thing ran out of batteries, so I probably achieved more than 100,000 vert, but you know what they say "If it didn't record on the Garmin it's like you didn't do the ride"

;)
CRC contact cleaner. Aka “Technician in a can”

Regardless of what’s logged, still an awesome effort.