The "I will ride _____km in 2024" thread - commit and conquer here!!

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
I rounded my goal down to 8 around March because of covid cutting my work hours. Then the endurance bug bit and I've managed to slowly inch it back up to a bit over 9 which I'll knock over next week.

IF I get to Adelaide or do the Rapha, I might crack 10

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
ALL of our family commitments are in Adelaide, save anything that gets sprung on us when the locals find out we're still here.

Mrs George is about four hours from pulling the pins regardless of what SA says or does between now and then
Its a bit of a headache... we are going to Tassie in 9 days but its as if we aren't.

Hard to plan for something you don't think will happen.

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Had a massive October, I think it was my biggest month ever on the bikes. Feeling about as fit as I've ever been which is good benefit of the last few months efforts.
Slowed a little for a couple of weeks last month but still not too bad and on target to get close to my goals.

30hrs to get to my 250hrs will be a stretch but might get there.
Should easily get 80,000 Vm which was my downgraded goal from the ideal 100,000.
Still not looking at mileage due to too many different types of bikes, but will likely end up around 4500km.

Off for a ride now, see ya lol

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
You cant be on 9k at the beginning of December and not go for the big 10k.
Valid point. Current projection sees 9,800 total, providing I do 200 in the last week of the year. I reckon it will depend on where I am between Christmas and New Year. It'll be easier to get out on the bike if we don't get over the border.

ozzybmx

Its been an 8 year slump :D

2014 and 2015
Been over 10,000km for the past 3 years
Beat last years distance but fell short of the 12,000km I hoped to do due to a Patellar tendon injury at the end of October. Still pretty happy and couple of rides still to go in 2016.

Distance: 10,744.4 km
Time: 501h 21m
Elev Gain: 130,001m
Rides: 264
longest ride: 209km
My revised goal of 8000km is well within grasp, signed up for the Rapha Festive 500 (strava) so have to do 500km between X-mas eve and new years day, I've done it 3 times before so know what it entails. I'm back to work Boxing day so will try do 4 x 100km commutes then a couple of shortys to make the 500.

Hoping I get back to my normal 10-12k next year... 2017 has been the busiest year of my life, no more moving, no more investment property ideas.
Well 2018 was another dip in my cycling distance.
5900km and 82000vm... didn't even break 100000vm this year.
I always do the Strava challenge, Rapha Festive 500 so 7 days till it starts, will end up with 6500km+... still a long way short of the 10k-12k a year I used to get.
Onwards and upwards for 2019 ya'll !
Some inspiration from hifiandmtb :)

Sorry Ozzy - all downhill from here...
Were coming to the close of 2019, yet another year with a reduced distance... but on the plus side, I have been doing more MTB rides.

My commutes dropped off massively due to increased workload recently and I sold my roadie. I will not be doing the Strava challenge called the Rapha Festive 500 this year as we head to Derby in just over 3 weeks.

The peaks are the Festive 500 last Christmas and the 800km Mawson trail ride a couple of months back. Hopefully more bikepacking in 2020.

I would say I'll break the 5000km... just.

View attachment 357780
Failed to post the end total as I was away but it was around a miserable 3000km.

Looking up a little bit on the recent downturn.

Could still make 4500km.

ozzybmx

Pffft…@ozzybmx ’only’ 4500km. I was aiming for 1000km this year and going to fall short by 300km. Oh well always next year.
700km... rookie numbers !

Haven't got there yet but it kicks off today with some Blackstump gold :D

Haylex

Likes Dirt
Went for elevation this year, somewhat inspired by Ben Hildred but to a much smaller extent. About ~80% on dirt. Looks like I'm going to hit my 150k goal (~410m per day) juuuust before Christmas. Cant wait to swing my legs off the chairlift at Thredbo between Christmas and new year and not climb a single metre more.

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Went for elevation this year, somewhat inspired by Ben Hildred but to a much smaller extent. About ~80% on dirt. Looks like I'm going to hit my 150k goal (~410m per day) juuuust before Christmas. Cant wait to swing my legs off the chairlift at Thredbo between Christmas and new year and not climb a single metre more.

Awesome effort!
You'd probably be quicker to the top at Thredbo than the lift haha

Haylex

Likes Dirt
Hah my local is full of steep fire roads to get to the top so it racks up fast. Dunno about riding to the top of the chairlift though, I don't think I'm that much of a sucker for punishment

moorey

call me Mia

Nice work.
We are very similar. I will fall short of 7000km, but will break the 150,000 elevation comfortably.