The "I will ride _____km in 2024" thread - commit and conquer here!!

moorey

call me Mia
I think I projected about 5500km, can't recall elevation prediction, but came in low, with about 4400km, and just over 100,000m of elevation. Hopefully back over 5000 next year.

k3n!f

leaking out the other end
My revised goal was 4000km after having 3 months off when my bike got stolen.

Rides 156
Time 201:33
Distance 3980km
Elevation 73,663km

Making an active decision to not ride today so I won't actually clock the 4000km. Sadly I'm in the middle of a week of night shifts and have contracted nasty summer man flu. I figure if I rest today I'll be fighting fit for 200km in my week off.

I'm getting smarterer as I get olderer.

mtb101

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'm at 7,974 ks, and yep I'm just about to put the leg over the roadie and bang out the final 26ks to make it 8000 for year.

Plenty of those are dirt ks, some single speed to work, cx when trails are wet, road when there's a good group ride on.

all these ks feed the single track addiction, just riding and having fun with the occasional event thrown in to keep me honest.

I remember the days when I'd be totally fuuuccked on the bike, struggling along; plenty of speed initially only to die slowly ... no more man, have kept fitness up as a priority.

ride on burners for 2017.

Paulie_AU

Likes Dirt
I had a technology fail (Phone update killed Ant+ so no more bike talk to phone) which forced me to Strava in October. This is since 15th October.

My spreadsheet has my commute at 5,500km and Strava has me at 400km dirt so maybe 6,700km this year.

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
just ticked over 5000, ill have to work out hw much road (which was my daughter great vic bik ride training & last 3 days of the ride)
i avg 5 hrs per wk, reasonably ok with that, 70k elevation hoped for bit more

schred

Likes Bikes and Dirt
For 2017 I am going to need to draw on road, trainer and dirt km. I have often thought the ratio might be 2 or even 3:1 road to mtb, but I will need them all if I'm to achieve my meagre goal.

moorey

call me Mia
For 2017 I am going to need to draw on road, trainer and dirt km. I have often thought the ratio might be 2 or even 3:1 road to mtb, but I will need them all if I'm to achieve my meagre goal.
Counting trainer km's? :thumb:

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
3827km
37,614 elevation
289 rides

Goal was 2500km and was pretty sure I'd kick that. Had to take 3 months off for life and will likely cop the same next year but will set the goal for 2017 at 4500km.

FatMuz

Likes Dirt
Isn't the best seat time actually on a bike, not a trainer? :noidea:
Long work hours. Busy family life.

I use a Wahoo Kickr and 'Zwift' in the cooler, darker months. I am able to eat dinner with the family, get stuff done around the house, then pop out to the shed to ride and race with hundreds of others from around the globe. I do a weekly online group ride on Wednesday nights (about 200 riders) and compete in a race series on Thursday nights (I've worked up from D grade to C grade...woohoo).
I'd rather ride my mountain bike but my life doesn't always allow that. The trainer enables me to get the kms in my legs during the week to then enjoy the weekend trail rides.
A normal trainer would bore me silly in a few minutes. The new smart trainers and even smarter software are game changers.

rearviewmirror

Likes Dirt
2016- 14,500km. Aiming for 18,000km in 2017, of course this is a mixture of road/gravel/mtb/bikepacking/commuting. Definitely want to increase the MTB km's this year.