The Italian Job

Simo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
i would just like to say that 'the italian job' kicks ass! Just saw the movie and it was soooo good, haven't enjoyed a movie like that in ages.
You know, you see a movie and you're like 'yeh, that was good but wouldnt see it again unless i had to' BUT when this movie finished i wanted to go back and see it again straight away.

10/10, perfect. (not realistic but meh, who cares)

[/rant]

Ty

Eats Squid
Simo, have you seen the orignal "Italian job" useing morris copper Ss' made in the mid 70s? it was one of my favorite movies so i'm hella keen to see the remake.

Simo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
nope, just a hint, the remake has some sickkkkkkkk minis! not to mention other cool shit!

Ty

Eats Squid
in the orignal they had a scene where they drive across a wier, anyways if you try driving across any water in a copper S you'd find yourself with a dead engine pretty damn fast (poorly placed dizzy for wate crossings) so i found that funny as a fault in the movie, i'm still a bit skeptical of the new mini but you better not spoil it for me or i'll cut sick.

Simo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
well, you dont see the twist coming, but at the end..............
:lol: just messin with ya.

nicklouse

Likes Dirt
this had better be a good film as the original was and still is imo the best film ever.

well i might be a bit biased see avatar.

nick

Bonnet

Likes Dirt
i have a 1977 Mini Clubman, and i know what its like to get water on your alternator, i was driving home form uni in the rain and kaput went my engine, fixed it tho with come CRC and a piece fo plastic.

the thing with the origianl is thta all the stunts were ACTUALLY done, but in the remake theres all sorts of special effects so its not as good IMO. still gonna see, but WAY TO GO MINIS.

Simo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
special FX vs actualy done....who cares, it looks cool :lol:
I'm gonna hire the original to see what i've missed out on.

nicklouse

Likes Dirt
the start of the original is some thing else simo.

bonnet try a rubber glove over the dizzy cap and run the plug leads through the fingers and the coil lead through the thumb and zip tie it round the dizzy body.

enjoy nick

Squidly Didly

Has Been
Staff member
Just saw the new movie and IMO the original was still better. The chase was a let down compared to what you see in the original make. Still worth watching, but if you appreciate a car chase without heaps of special effects, see the original. I'll most probably watch them both again!!!

Bonnet

Likes Dirt
nicklouse said:
the start of the original is some thing else simo.

bonnet try a rubber glove over the dizzy cap and run the plug leads through the fingers and the coil lead through the thumb and zip tie it round the dizzy body.

enjoy nick
i guess that would work, but i fashioned up a plastic blanking plate and zip tied it to the inside of the front grille. also, you would happen to know how to fix a fuel gauge in a MINI, mine just stopped working one day, all the wires seem fine, but it just dont work....and then all of a sudden i ran out of fuel on the way home form uni. :oops:

CHEWY

Eats Squid
u know what the worst movie ive ever seen is?? that new james bond "die another day" holy shit! i want to punch every person that had anything to do with that movie right on the nose... and to make matters worse (i saw this movie on the bus on the way up Mt Hotham) was that they played it a second time on the way home! i got so fuckin pissed i i totally flipped out :evil: :evil: :evil:

CHEWY

Eats Squid
totally, i fully cut off some guys head just cause he opened a window! then some guy dropped a fork so i killed everyone on the bus!! if u dont belive me ask mark, he saw it happen... :p

G

"this is my friend mark he is older and way cooler than me cause he has pubic hair"

Weasel

Likes Dirt
Its not a freakin car chase if some scenes are computer generated!
Least the real one had real cars and real drivers.

Even when they jumped across a building side by side!
I'll stick to the original one simply because of the just insane driving.

Tasha

Likes Bikes
Ty and I rented out the original last night and it was an awesome movie.
Good for the girls and boys!
It was so funny and the car chase, expecially the gap, was better than any special effected movie.
We are going to see the remake on tues, so I will post my opinion then.

9/10 for the original.