The James Williamson Enduro Challenge 2011

mittagongmtb

Likes Dirt
In a packed event calendar for March this is definately a must do event. Great trails and of course to honour a great bloke.

and only 77 places left! I see some categories are a bit light on.... Come on - this will be a memorable occasion for one of the sports true gentleman and very affordable!

Australia

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The website includes a map of the track.

As I've never been to Wingello before, I'm not sure what I'm in for. Perhaps some locals and some out of towners like me could get together for a social pre-ride on the Sunday before the race (Sunday 6 Feb) Is anybody keen?

outtacontrol

Likes Bikes and Dirt

As I've never been to Wingello before, I'm not sure what I'm in for.
A mate and I rode there last May. The single track is nice. Very similar to Nowra that I rode at Christmas.

The fire road got a little arduous after a while, but there were some serious fast downhill sections (just watch out for the big waterbars;))

It was also the coldest place I had ever been to. :)

mittagongmtb

Likes Dirt

As I've never been to Wingello before, I'm not sure what I'm in for. Perhaps some locals and some out of towners like me could get together for a social pre-ride on the Sunday before the race (Sunday 6 Feb) Is anybody keen?
The twenty five ker will essentially be the red track, (2-3 times for 50-75). Park at the small camp ground near the shed and take off from there. You'll have no problem finding your way around. Watch your speed on the waterbars!

ando63

Likes Bikes
Any chance of directions to the "small camp ground"?
When you turn from the Highland way follow the road all the way in for several km's then you will come to a fork in the road go straight ahead for another couple of km's if that, and you will come to the camp site with that huge shed, pretty easy really can't miss it.From there you will see signs regarding the red, yellow and blue loop.

Halo1

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The fire road got a little arduous after a while, but there were some serious fast downhill sections (just watch out for the big waterbars;)))
The waterbars are no longer big, we rode up there today and the grader has flattened them. It is probably a good thing for the race as there will be less waterbar carnage, but it makes the ride a lot less fun:)

stu125

Likes Bikes
The waterbars are no longer big, we rode up there today and the grader has flattened them. It is probably a good thing for the race as there will be less waterbar carnage, but it makes the ride a lot less fun:)
Certainly has made the decents a little safer but not as much fun .
We camped there this weekend & the single track is sweet.