The Last Kowalski...

Mont24Team

Likes Bikes
Entries in the Kowalski Classic 2017 will open JULY 1 and we strongly encourage you to enter this one as it will be our last.
The reason is that East Kowen Forest and Sparrow Hill are set to undergo massive change over the next 4-5 years due to forest clear fall.
This work will change the riding landscape and dramatically reduce the trail network so we think it fitting to give the trails a fine and fond farewell with a full day racing skinny dirt.
Join us for one last lash!

Newsletter
http://hosted.verticalresponse.com/379603/3811091f8b/1454500273/1415e8e022/

Mont24Team

Likes Bikes
Entries are open

Entries in the Kowalski Classic 2017 are now open. We strongly encourage you to enter this one as it will be our last.
The reason is that East Kowen Forest and Sparrow Hill are set to undergo massive change over the next 4-5 years due to forest clear fall.
This work will change the riding landscape and dramatically reduce the trail network so we think it fitting to give the trails (and trees) a fine and fond farewell with a full day racing skinny dirt.

Newsletter
http://bit.ly/2taqD9y/

Attachments

Much disappointment this hasn't been named The Final KOWntdown.

Nonetheless me and the boy are lined up for the 25 (he won't do more than that unless it's down hill)

DaSchmooze

Likes Bikes
Entries in the Kowalski Classic 2017 will open JULY 1 and we strongly encourage you to enter this one as it will be our last.
This work will change the riding landscape and dramatically reduce the trail network so we think it fitting to give the trails a fine and fond farewell with a full day racing skinny dirt.

Newsletter
http://hosted.verticalresponse.com/379603/3811091f8b/1454500273/1415e8e022/
Hey Mont24 Team - how does the pairs event work? Is it just you and your mate with a combined time or is like a relay style event where one does one lap and the other does another?

Mont24Team

Likes Bikes
Hey Mont24 Team - how does the pairs event work? Is it just you and your mate with a combined time or is like a relay style event where one does one lap and the other does another?
You ride together over the same course – either 1. side by side and hand in hand (if you have great skills), 2. one rider on the shoulders of the other rider (if you have great skill and strength) or 3. each on their own bike, one riding behind the other (like a typical mountain bike who has a friend.)

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Damn... always meant to get over and do this event, shit always got gotten in the way, now the door is closing. Enjoy the last all !

Mont24Team

Likes Bikes
Factoid. 300 tonnes of trees are harvested each weekday in Kowen
The course passes through the harvest zone (now called Remembrance Drive), so racers get to see what clear fall looks like.
I'm a little numb...

abevern

Likes Dirt
I did the 100 a few years ago - have signed up with a mate to do the 50 this time.
Note to course planners: If I had to choose between climbing single track then descending firetrail, or climbing firetrail and descending single track - I'd take the latter every single time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mont24Team

Likes Bikes
Note to course planners: If I had to choose between climbing single track then descending firetrail, or climbing firetrail and descending single track - I'd take the latter every single time.
The Kowalskis are morally and ethically opposed to descending fire trail, so you're in good hands.

Shinigami

Likes Dirt
Need to sign up but I'm not sure I can handle the 50 but is tempting to try.

Pretty sure I'm just going to go the 25