The last movie you've last watched last

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
The survivalist, it's great, but I can see some people thinking the opposite.

It portrayed fear and tenseness really well, overall had a similar vibe to The Road, and there I wont be watching it again.

He also beats his meat over his plants in the opening scenes, so I am not sure if this beat Bad Boy Bubby for a solid intro.
Have you seen the adaption of McCarthy's Child of God? It's very good too, but a true ordeal to watch. And the call of nature scene has everyone covered. What's even more amazing is the screen play was written and directed by James 'Spring Breakers' Franco...

Don't watch it with popcorn though, a jumbo serve of prozac would be a better idea.

Mywifesirrational

I however am very normal. Trust me.
Have you seen the adaption of McCarthy's Child of God? It's very good too, but a true ordeal to watch. And the call of nature scene has everyone covered. What's even more amazing is the screen play was written and directed by James 'Spring Breakers' Franco...

Don't watch it with popcorn though, a jumbo serve of prozac would be a better idea.
I shall put it on the short list. I just read the IMBD blurb, doesn't promise a happy ending!

Too many films now days need a neat hollywood ending - probably hurts the $ otherwise.

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
I shall put it on the short list. I just read the IMBD blurb, doesn't promise a happy ending!

Too many films now days need a neat hollywood ending - probably hurts the $ otherwise.
If you get a happy anything from it, you're doing it wrong.

Have you read the novel? Bleak AF. This would have to be the first Hollywood movie I've come across that could be considered darker than the source material. Makes the adaptions of The Road and No Country, regular romcoms by comparison.

Another goodies, if clinical depression is what your aiming for, is Van Diemen's Land. Australian to boot.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Blade runner 2049 stunning cinematography and effects.. Reckon it might actually be better than the original. Can't stand Gosling but his role suited his acting ability so he didn't stick out..
Only let down was Jared Leto, awful over acting as usual..
He seems to lack depth and ability.

I really enjoyed it. The story was good and interesting, consistently told right through which is lacking in a lot of modern cinema. I still prefer the original (fucked if I know which version). The end sequence nails it. No...not the happy romance escape, I'm talking the naked showdown in the rain. Wait! Not because of the nudity...well maybe a little.

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
Mute.

Another Netflix production, production design and cinematography top notch, as seems to be their strength of late. Bit of a slow burn, and would benefit from a bit more exposition, which is very odd for a US production, they usually fill the opening credits with so many spoilers, the actual movie is unwatchable. I'd suggest the lack of background is to help keep the convoluted story threads as vague as possible, to protect the ending.

Highlights: Whathisname Von Eldest Son manages to keep his shirt on for 93% of the movie, and doesn't need to take a shit every 3 1/2 minutes. Paul Rudd, whom I usually find grating and about as funny as a ball point through the scrotum, is excellent as a psychotic Hawker Pearce.

4 out of 7.5

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I watched a few flicks on a plane recently.

1) original blade runner. Actually not sure it was 100% original...you know with all the different versions and all. Anyway it was great as I had expected. I think I liked it more than the recent 2049 release.

2) the planet of the apes prequels. Dawn of was ok. A bit slow and drawn out and a bit too melodramatic. I'd recommend not watching films involving communicable diseases on a plane filled with sniffling coughing people. Rose of was enjoyable. Think I mentioned it a few pages back. It's the best of the 3. War for was pretty ordinary. It had a bit too much Hollywood know how formula compared to the others.

3) he died with a falafel in his hand. It was a very enjoyable film. I hadn't seen it before.

There were others. They are lost to my memory.

Breaka

Likes Bikes and Dirt
3) he died with a falafel in his hand. It was a very enjoyable film. I hadn't seen it before.
Theme song being Golden Brown by The Stranglers, that's one thing I remember. Released in 2001, that would have made me all but 13-14 when I first saw it. The film would have been way over my head. I'll endeavor to watch this one again.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Theme song being Golden Brown by The Stranglers, that's one thing I remember. Released in 2001, that would have made me all but 13-14 when I first saw it. The film would have been way over my head. I'll endeavor to watch this one again.
I was a uni student and "too alternative" for cinema...golden brown is a good song. It is enjoyable. I couldn't relate to any of the characters. The Japanese girl was hot.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I also want he'd Inception. I'm not picking up on all the hype about how complex and layered the film was...yeah a dream within a dream within a dream within a dream within a dream...but all filled with Hollywood bs. I think it falls well short of the hype. I also feel that (laugh if you will people) Arnie's Total Recall does a better job of "what is real?" than Inception. Though I also feel they could have expressed that better as well.

In the mean time here is something we can all agree on:
I quite enjoy their work.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
I watched a few flicks on a plane recently.

1) original blade runner. Actually not sure it was 100% original...you know with all the different versions and all. Anyway it was great as I had expected. I think I liked it more than the recent 2049 release.

3) he died with a falafel in his hand. It was a very enjoyable film. I hadn't seen it.
Didn’t like the 2049 version, but the original blade runner is brilliant. Wish they’d left it alone to stand alone...

Read the book of He died with a falafel - it’s funny as fuck and anyone who ever did the share house thing will cringe and laugh :)

Haakon

Another Netflix tv show, but I quite liked Babylon Berlin. Set in Berlin in 1929, a sort of detective slash political thriller thing. Netflix does the dubbed thing, but better in German with subtitles I think...

Minlak

custom titis
Mute.

Another Netflix production, production design and cinematography top notch, as seems to be their strength of late. Bit of a slow burn, and would benefit from a bit more exposition, which is very odd for a US production, they usually fill the opening credits with so many spoilers, the actual movie is unwatchable. I'd suggest the lack of background is to help keep the convoluted story threads as vague as possible, to protect the ending.

Highlights: Whathisname Von Eldest Son manages to keep his shirt on for 93% of the movie, and doesn't need to take a shit every 3 1/2 minutes. Paul Rudd, whom I usually find grating and about as funny as a ball point through the scrotum, is excellent as a psychotic Hawker Pearce.

4 out of 7.5
Watched it last night SLOW is the key description here. Not wanting my 2hrs and 6 mins refunded but wouldn't want to encourage others to go for it.

Finished all of Black Mirror on the weekend thanks to a fucked back and enjoyed it a lot. I especially like that it isnt a series as I had first feared (The Pretender Phobia). Overall quite enjoyable however the stories have a bit of an underlying sameish scenario to them.
Keep an eye out through out the series for Easter Eggs tying in older episodes. Not required for enjoyment or understanding but I liked the subtle linking of episodes.

slowmick

38-39"
I also want he'd Inception. I'm not picking up on all the hype about how complex and layered the film was...yeah a dream within a dream within a dream within a dream within a dream...but all filled with Hollywood bs. I think it falls well short of the hype. I also feel that (laugh if you will people) Arnie's Total Recall does a better job of "what is real?" than Inception. Though I also feel they could have expressed that better as well.
I just didn't care watching inception - none of the characters were likable or interesting. It was kind of die, don't die, i don't care. can i go home now.

Beej1

Black Panther.

No better or worse than most of the other Marvel films.

Also, props to Roger Deakins for his Blade Runner 2049 win yesterday. Best looking film I've seen in a long, long time. Heck ... still the best film I've seen in a long time also.

Also re-watched Flash Gordon the other night after seeing it for $7 at JB, and after Sam Jones's cameo in Ted. Most of my memories of this film are from watching it about 100 times as a kid in the 80's. Man ... it's funny to look at now. I mean, I expect the effects, costumes etc to be awful. But the way the women are written is comically terrible. The Queen soundtrack is as awesome as always though. Freddie sure had awesome pipes.

Beej1

Have you watched Altered Carbon?
I know you weren't asking me, but I did find this to be particularly enjoyable. One of my fave books too ... I liked some of the changes... like his team-up with Vernon, and everything about Poe. I didn't mind some other changes ...
him & Quell having had a relationship ... will bode well if they make it to 3rd book
and didn't really like others
Sister == Kowahara, most of Ortega - who was a very minor character

Overall ... pretty awesome. I reckon..
Idris Elba would make the perfect Takeshi Kovacs for the second book

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
^ those spoiler buttons are sweet.

I just didn't care watching inception - none of the characters were likable or interesting. It was kind of die, don't die, i don't care. can i go home now.
The story was not particularly compelling and the characters very 1 dimensional. The "training" process? Stupid. So much just plonking people onto place.

Haakon

Altered Carbon was great. I think you get to see the tits of every significant female character. Spoiler - there is silicon involved.

Was a fun series, looked great. Some of the worst dialogue ever, cheesy as fuck. Worth watching.