The last movie you've last watched last

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
took the 2 munchkins to see the new Lego movie 2
I thought it was average at best,
but in its defence , one of the little darlings needed to do wees right when the good bits came on, so I never really got what was actually going on
I swear he is a human desiccant- for every litre of water that goes in, 5Lts have to come back out!

zac

Likes Dirt
Hellboy

I really enjoyed it. It definitely wasn't the Del Toro/Perlman Hellboy but it was really good. I thought David Harbour did a pretty good job if a bit shouty but it came pretty close to the comics for my money. It did feel a little short on plot but was also a bit rushed (however that works) but will definitely watch it again. 7/10

On a related note, how is it that 2 cinemas 20 minutes apart run by the same company can charge such vastly different prices? Event at Pacific Fair wanted 19 bucks for a Cinebuzz member ticket, I paid 10 for the same at Australia Fair...

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
anyone seen the new avengers endgame?
Yeah, took the kids yesterday. Not my favourite marvel flick but still miles better than most of the DC stuff recently. Pretty predictable, a fun enough watch though.

Don't hang around in the cinema with a full bladder after 3hrs of movie to see the post credit scene, there isn't one. Screw you marvel

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk

Brow

Big Block
Yeah, took the kids yesterday. Not my favourite marvel flick but still miles better than most of the DC stuff recently. Pretty predictable, a fun enough watch though.

Don't hang around in the cinema with a full bladder after 3hrs of movie to see the post credit scene, there isn't one. Screw you marvel

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk
Just got home from seeing it. Agree with Plank, not the best but still ok with some funny bits in there too. Came out after 3 hrs not feeling really like it was that long so must have been pretty good. Much better than Shazam which we saw last weekend.
Had McDonalds for dinner on the way home too.

Minlak

custom titis
My theory on the missing post credit scene is that this movie is pitched as a bit of a finish to the current timelines of a lot of the characters ( no spoiler here I have no idea if it is or isn’t just the hype leading up to the movie in the mainstream media). So no post credit scene as all new stories to develop?

Delazy

Got a new bike!
My theory on the missing post credit scene is that this movie is pitched as a bit of a finish to the current timelines of a lot of the characters ( no spoiler here I have no idea if it is or isn’t just the hype leading up to the movie in the mainstream media). So no post credit scene as all new stories to develop?
exactly this...a passing of the baton as such...the final scene with bucky/falcon being evident

the movie itself was for the fans...so many special fan moments throughout and plenty of character arcs touching on comic storylines also...

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
the movie itself was for the fans...so many special fan moments throughout and plenty of character arcs touching on comic storylines also...
Agree, I watched with the kids. Interestingly they didn’t like it as much as infinity war and the other avenger movies. Too much talking not enough action, they didn’t get all the fan references. I thought It spent a bit too long up it’s own arse reminiscing over the last 10 years of marvel movies. And the hulk was a massive let down.. Started so strong in avengers 1 and then this..
Still a good watch though, pretty amazing feat of story writing and movie making to bring all the characters and storylines together so skillfully and meaningfully.. It’s the new star wars for this generation..

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
Going to watch AquaMan tonite with a couple of ciders and a bag of Tyrrells....

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Are you saying they will try and float Howard the Duck again?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I watched operation finale. It was pretty ordinary. Terrible script, woeful acting, accents that made Sean Connery's efforts in Red October sound amazing, and a total inability to build suspense from a reasonably suspenseful story.

mooboyj

Likes Dirt
In the last seven days I've seen Shazam, Lego Movie 2, Thunder Road and Avengers Endgame (last night). Shazam was funny and light hearted, Lego Movie 2 was okay, Thunder Road was a touch weird and Avengers wrapped things up nicely.

Delazy

Got a new bike!
Agree, I watched with the kids. Interestingly they didn’t like it as much as infinity war and the other avenger movies. Too much talking not enough action, they didn’t get all the fan references. I thought It spent a bit too long up it’s own arse reminiscing over the last 10 years of marvel movies. And the hulk was a massive let down.. Started so strong in avengers 1 and then this..
Still a good watch though, pretty amazing feat of story writing and movie making to bring all the characters and storylines together so skillfully and meaningfully.. It’s the new star wars for this generation..
the thor and hulk arcs of end game were definitely a major let down...i can see what they were trying to do but they didnt quite get it right...pretty frustrating in hulk/banners case...given the last time we actually witnessed hulk being hulk he got his ass handed to him by thanos in infinity war...

however...the natasha/hawkeye story arc was amazing if slightly predictable...his aggressive ronan persona hit the spot for me...