The last movie you've last watched last

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Like posting PYR’s?
Very similar. We could run a book on what will happen first. Build a bike, post a PYR, watch deer hunter, eat venison, there's probably a bunch of other stuff too. I did almost nearly conduct a PYR just the other day. Got some nice photos and had some service done, so it seemed like a great time. I could even perhaps undertake a product review or 3. I have some experiences on a few popular items.

wesdadude

ウェスド アドゥーデ
Double featured Bevery Hills Cop II and III. Think I prefered III, there was one moment where I actually laughed. They're both pretty silly and light on story and reality.

Knuckles had a go at me when I called the first one average.

sane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Vaguely funny thing last night, this scene was a stand out from hard arse CEO Anniston...

wesdadude

ウェスド アドゥーデ
Once Upon a Time in Hollywood. It meanders a bit, but I found Leo and Brad interesting enough to keep watching. The obligatory Tarantino over the top violence is not forgotten.

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
Finally watched Solo ... I actually liked it ... the story was good overall ... some cheesy bits, but overall was solid IMO.
Alien count was awesome ... twist on the infantry instead of Academy thing ... Woody’s character was cool. I didn’t really understand the issues fans had with Lando ... need to watch it a few more times I guess.

Overall I give it a Filo Han Solo thumbs up

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Finally watched Solo ... I actually liked it ... the story was good overall ... some cheesy bits, but overall was solid IMO.
Alien count was awesome ... twist on the infantry instead of Academy thing ... Woody’s character was cool. I didn’t really understand the issues fans had with Lando ... need to watch it a few more times I guess.

Overall I give it a Filo Han Solo thumbs up
Your hopes and dreams have just been crushed down so low that it doesn't take much to impress. I felt they tried to jam too much into the film and thus lost their ability to tell a good story.

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
Lol ... or you’re so old that expectations will never be satisfied regardless of execution so why bother leaving the house.

I find it easy to ignore cheesy bits, poor acting or direction as long as there are good bits that make sense.
  • How he gets split from a love interest, then meets up with her again ... only to find she has become ruthless, although with a shared childhood/adolescent bond ... that is pretty cool ... and it’s smiley Dany too boot ... win
  • the infantry bit ... the empire saving the locals from themselves ... how he meets the ‘rogues’ ... the 4 armed alien monkey thingy ... all pretty cool / aesthetically pleasing ... nice character validation. Some cool new characters. Win/win
  • Han speaks Wookie ... how Han and Chewie actually form a bond ... all consistent ... I’ve never read any of the books so all my StarWars is based off the movies ... so again ... awesome and filled in gaps in my Starwars universe nicely
  • Han is a Rogue, a Scoundrel ... but this is to combat the shit that life has become under the lack of moral leadership with the Jedi demise ... but even with all that, still helped what could have been the bad guys ... a la rebels. The Woody Harelson(sp) character was a good contrast ... similar but different to Han ... definitely a good addition. I kept thinking of Zombieland for some reason.
  • he won the Falcon fair and square thru skill, not deception ... more character and back story validation
  • there is more to the Falcon then being a fast ship ... it has its own “spirit” ... interesting.

Definitely solid elements in there ... better than The Last Jedi ... for me anyway.

wesdadude

ウェスド アドゥーデ
This may be cheating because I haven't seen it yet but I'm looking forward to Apocalypse Now Final Cut which has a screening near me at the end of the month. I've heard there's some parts of Redux that crawl to a halt, seems like it's lost them.

Wikipedia said:
In April 2019, Coppola showed Apocalypse Now Final Cut for the 40th anniversary screening at the Tribeca Film Festival. This new version has a runtime of three hours and two minutes, with Coppola having cut 20 minutes of the added material from "Redux". It is also the first time the film has been restored from the original camera negative at 4K; previous transfers were made from an IP. It will be released in autumn 2019, along with an extended cut of The Cotton Club. It also had a release in select IMAX theaters on August 15 and 18, 2019.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
This may be cheating because I haven't seen it yet but I'm looking forward to Apocalypse Now Final Cut which has a screening near me at the end of the month. I've heard there's some parts of Redux that crawl to a halt, seems like it's lost them.
So many versions...the redux is definitely longer than it needs to be. I'm somewhat jealous you'll get to see it on the big screen.

mik_git

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Watched Ad Astra the other day... I wanted to like it, but it was... I dunno, just a big confused mess.