The last movie you've last watched last

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
John Wick 3. 2&3 are a letdown compared to 1. I felt physically tired with all the fighting. Non stop killing and a weak storyline. NOONE can miss that many fucking bullets!!!!! Don't make a 4 ok.

mike14

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Skyscraper (? - I think that was the title. Had The Rock in it...). Terrible, but it kept the kids amused

wesdadude

ウェスド アドゥーデ
Jurassic Park. It was real good, a lot of great buildup of suspense.

It also had some lines I found way too funny.
John Hammond: ...And there's no doubt; our attractions will drive kids our of their minds!
Dr. Alan Grant: And what are those?
Dr. Ellie Sattler: Small versions of adults, honey...

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Gemini Man

Pretty shit, but I watched it.
I sat her that in aero-cinema in January. It really was crap!

Return journey is indulged in...
  • a beautiful day in the neighbourhood. Mr Rogers makes for interesting subject matter, by I didn't feel his story was really explored.
  • motherless Brooklyn. Ed Norton has assembled quite a cast for this one. A shame the story + film weren't particularly good.
  • journey to the centre of the earth (2008 version). I like Jules Verne's novels. The film was much better than expected, some special effects haven't aged well. If only. Rick Wakeman had made the sound track! Probably pretty good for families. Must have been one of Brendan Fraser's last big films before he vanished.

- terminator dark fate. I was pretty ordinary, but had the right kind of brainless action for 4am viewing. Arnie provides some light humour well. Lots explosions.

- season 6 of silicone valley. This was pretty good entertainment. Would've enjoyed some more of it, but then was the only offering.

Last edited:

Nambra

Definitely should have gone to specsavers
John Wick 3. 2&3 are a letdown compared to 1. I felt physically tired with all the fighting. Non stop killing and a weak storyline. NOONE can miss that many fucking bullets!!!!! Don't make a 4 ok.
100% agree - much like The Matrix. What was with the journey across the desert in JW3 - some deal with Morocco to shoot a scene there?

wesdadude

ウェスド アドゥーデ
Edgar Wright Night last night.

Baby Driver. I felt like revisiting this after reading an article on people resurrecting classic iPods. Not much has changed since my initial viewing although my house is nowhere near as loud as a cinema.
Baby Driver, Edgar Wright's new one, very much enjoyed it. There's a constant driving rhythm throughout. Relentlessly loud in one spot, had to check my hearing.
I followed it up with Shaun of the Dead. Zombies, comedy, 'nuff said. I went through a period where I'd hear Queen's Don't Stop Me Now and I'd get confused where it didn't stop midway through.

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
SBS World Movies
Last night " The Divine Order" comedy about women getting the vote in Switzerland .
Coming up this evening "A Little Chaos " about Louis Xiv
If you are a typical young male" Disorder "

nathanm

Eats Squid
Frozen II. Was pleasantly surprised they actually made a pretty good sequel, though killed off and brought back Olaf for no apparent reason. The Kristoff 90's powered ballad complete with replica music video is literally the funniest thing I've seen in years.

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
1.Actually Disorder about an ex soldier w PTSD does have controlled violence but is ambiguous and slow moving .
Almost the antithesis of Hollywood's in your face stuff.
The PTSD stuff with distorted visuals and hearing in crowds, conveys his detachment.
2. Stalingrad a Russian language movie about the randomness of the horror of war, has very good sets of bombed buildings and characters and their relationships w 2 women.

wesdadude

ウェスド アドゥーデ
I, Tonya. I'm not sure if it was the docu-drama style but it felt like it needed something more in terms of narrative.

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
We made it halfway thru Shazam before we decided the 8yo needed to sleep that night :rolleyes:

I was surprisingly starting to get in to it. Don't normally do superhero movies

wesdadude

ウェスド アドゥーデ
Easy Rider. It's one of those pictures of people living, no strong narrative but characters that keep you drawn in.