The last movie you've last watched last

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
Nothing EVER by Cage is acceptable sorry. Or Travolta. I love pulp fiction, but his acting makes me wince.
I get where you’re coming from but you have to watch Mandy. Somehow the filmmaker is crazier than cage and when rolled together it makes a joyously messed up prog rock horror movie that’s wrong on so many levels it somehow turns out right...

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
What is this ‘Mandy’?

It’s gloriously messed up. I’ll preface it by saying I’m a horror movie fan but it’s about the only time crazy Nic Cage somehow works (you should also google Face off waterfall montage).
You can watch the trailer here

moorey

call me Mia
He doesnt play the usual vulnerable but excessive but smartarse Cage in "Raising arizona" more like "My Name is Earl "
I did see it when it came out. I don’t know why, but he’s always rubbed me the wrong way....increasing over time. Now I can only enjoy him ironically.
How did it get burned? How did it get burned? How did it get burned?

Nambra

Definitely should have gone to specsavers
Watching my my through the Mission Impossible franchise with my son and I’d forgotten how bad MI2 is. Filmed in Sydney in 2000 (blatant tourism plug for the Olympics, Tom and Nicole were a thing etc.), it has that cheesy John Woo Kung Fu style of action - Cruise doing far too many unnecessary rolls, somersault kicks, the same move repeated from different angles in slo-mo, his contorted facial expressions... it’s just awful.

Supporting role from Richard Roxburgh (one he regrets I’d imagine) doing a South African accent - is that what Yanks think we sound like? The highlight is the bike and car chase scene at the end, where a couple of Falcons full of bad guys are blown up in glorious fireballs. It hasn’t aged well.

Nambra

Yep - in the clip. The Falcon had no chance. I forgot it was when Tom was in his long hair phase too.

Watching a sewage treatment plant would be more enjoyable than this bile.

moorey

call me Mia
Watching my my through the Mission Impossible franchise with my son and I’d forgotten how bad MI2 is.
All MI’s...and they seemed to get worse over time...both in retrospect, and later releases.
Tried to watch a couple over lockdown after being outvoted on movie picks.
I started heckling, then trying not to be a dick, attempted to keep quiet, but the time bar looked like it was almost going backwards, so I chose to do the dishes instead.
It didn’t help that it’s Tom Cruise...who is probably accelerate, rather than brake for.....but I can’t stand the unfeasibly unfeasible stunts and plot...even though I know that’s the point of the movies.

Nambra

All MI’s...and they seemed to get worse over time...both in retrospect, and later releases.
I started heckling, then trying not to be a dick, attempted to keep quiet, but the time bar looked like it was almost going backwards, so I chose to do the dishes instead.
It didn’t help that it’s Tom Cruise...who is probably accelerate, rather than brake for.....but I can’t stand the unfeasibly unfeasible stunts and plot...even though I know that’s the point of the movies.
Strong agree. I'm a sucker for a good action movie, which these are not. The MI idea might have been compelling back in the 60's / Get Smart era...

Am I wrong or does Tom Cruise only appear in movies he produces himself? Vehicles for his vanity as it were.

Yeah @slowmick, those tyres are nuts - imagine how good they'd go on the mtb!

creaky

XMAS Plumper
You prefer a good Bourne movie?