The last movie you've last watched last

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
I quite like John Wick...completely mindless action, I like that stuff. Silly but enjoyable in a dissengage brain on entry....but the 2nd one took it to a whole new level of stupid. And then after that i actually watched the 3rd...made the 2nd look like it had a deep plot.
Sounds like the Taken franchise. Fark me, how to take a decent concept and murder it of any believability, then set fire to the grave Tony Abbott style.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
I liked the doom games when I was in high school.
Doom started the first person shooter genre maaaaan! (well actually Wolfenstein started it but Doom made it mega popular)
I'm guessing that is a popular shooting game? The movie ha a distinctive video game feel.
Yeah but like a really flashy dumb one that looks cool but gets really repetitive to play very quickly. No idea why it's so popular.

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
I quite like John Wick...completely mindless action, I like that stuff. Silly but enjoyable in a dissengage brain on entry....but the 2nd one took it to a whole new level of stupid. And then after that i actually watched the 3rd...made the 2nd look like it had a deep plot.

Off topic, anyone ever watched Chicken Park? If not, don't.
John Wick was great. The next 2 not so. Don't listen to Moorey. He doesn't even eat meat. He only watches movies featuring soya beans and lentils.
PS. Are you back from camping yet @moorey??

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Went to the cinema last night for the first time in literally years and saw Promising Young Woman.

Highly recommended. It’s manic as a film (in a good way - starts out like a black comedy, then turns romcom, then becomes a revenge flick) and is a withering commentary on boys will be boys/locker room talk attitudes and weak systemic and institutional responses to sexual assault/rape.

It’s super watchable and you can’t help but laugh. Carey Mulligan is fantastic in it and theres a good rolling cast of recognisable faces to hate.