The last movie you've last watched last

mike14

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Put me in the "don't bother" camp for Greenland. I like a crapoy disaster flick as much as the next person but this one had almost nothing to redeem it (maybe some of the sky/weather pattern shots?). Plot was formulaic in the worst way while not really making sense, every character made dumb decision after dumb decision (although COVID has shown this actually be accurate), and you don't even get to see the main event - or much of its aftermath except for the standard 'famous places' shots.

Triple 9 was a pretty predicable 'dirty cop' movie. May have just been my TV but it was really dark and there were a few scenes where I couldn't really make out what was going on. It probably trumps 'Lock, Stock & Two Smoking Barrels' for worst strip club scene in a movie though...

Den of Thieves was watchable while being completely unmemorable, and you could tell that the director really wanted to create something that matched the shootout scene from Heat, but just couldn't quite get there. Hit on all the high points of cops crossing the line, cop relationships breaking down, and antagonist motivations being ignored or unexplored. Gérard Butler is in a lot of movies...

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
WandaVision starts off a bit "WTF is this shite?" but there's some subtle clues to suggest it's not what you think. Then it's not what you think.
Been hoping this will be quite good (haven't watched any yet - but the premise is interesting). Plus I have a massive crush on Elizabeth Olsen.

Watched Battleship on Netflix last night. Disclaimer: this movie is seriously fucking stupid...

...but it has enough awesome shit, epic explosions and funny moments to make it worth wading through. Final fight scene is ridic, even has a cameo from some Straya RAAF Hornets.

Better than I expected.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Worth watching if you have the ability to skip forward continuously & spend at most 10 mins on the whole thing:

Crocodile was an asshole. Most people deserved to die.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Sometimes its safer not to revisit. I thought 40 Year Old Virgin was one of the funniest things I'd ever seen when it first came out. Watched it again a couple of years ago for nostalgia value and couldn't even make a third of it.

Same goes for my childhood favourite Connery Bond films like Thunderball. Best to remember them for what you thought they were.

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
Agree with the revisit. I don't watch movies more than once for that reason. Though, this is a bit different, another "chapter" in the B&T saga.

If I let the "No revisit" rule apply, I'd miss out on future bond films.

Tough one.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Agree with the revisit. I don't watch movies more than once for that reason. Though, this is a bit different, another "chapter" in the B&T saga.

If I let the "No revisit" rule apply, I'd miss out on future bond films.

Tough one.
Sorry, I may not have been clear in previous post - I meant revisiting films, not necessarily sequels or re-imaginings (etc.) I'd probably give the B&T remake a go too, but under the proviso that it would likely be pretty lame.

The Bond franchise has never looked better since they injected a bit of "Bourne" realism. Loved Skyfall.

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
Sorry, I may not have been clear in previous post - I meant revisiting films, not necessarily sequels or re-imaginings (etc.) I'd probably give the B&T remake a go too, but under the proviso that it would likely be pretty lame.

The Bond franchise has never looked better since they injected a bit of "Bourne" realism. Loved Skyfall.
It was way lame, Ted. Might even say totally bogus, dude. At the original age Keanu played the role, he fit the character perfectly. The same behaviours don't translate well to a 50 year old man, surprise. It doesn't feel authentic, and is completely cringe.

"Bourne realism" lol. Love the new Bond movies. Can't wait for a change though, Daniel Craig is getting stale.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
"Bourne realism" lol. Love the new Bond movies. Can't wait for a change though, Daniel Craig is getting stale.
Ha yeah even Craig thinks that but still wasn't enough to stop him from doing the latest (delayed) one after being offered Bolvia's GDP for it or something. Trailer looks f***ing epic too.

Given Idris Elba has written himself off as a replacement, I want Richard Madden to be the next Bond.

discofrank

Likes Dirt
to a black woman???? yeah no thanks, james bond was based on a white male, if they wanted a black woman to play a 00, needed a new movie and name , aka a spin off say 005, the new age, call her Jamie or larisia for all i care, not james bond 007

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
to a black woman???? yeah no thanks, james bond was based on a white male, if they wanted a black woman to play a 00, needed a new movie and name , aka a spin off say 005, the new age, call her Jamie or larisia for all i care, not james bond 007
Yeah except that's not what's happening at all. The chick you refer to is a Double 0 Agent with the codename '007' given Bond has retired in the upcoming movie. Also the Broccolli family (who own the franchise) have said implicitly Bond will never be a woman.

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
Shame about Idris. Guy would make an epic Bond.

Broccolli family, lol. You could not take anything seriously from anyone with the last name "broccolli". :D

moorey

call me Mia
Sometimes its safer not to revisit. I thought 40 Year Old Virgin was one of the funniest things I'd ever seen when it first came out. Watched it again a couple of years ago for nostalgia value and couldn't even make a third of it.

Same goes for my childhood favourite Connery Bond films like Thunderball. Best to remember them for what you thought they were.
Absolutely. It's best to never revisit things you feel fondly about from the past. The exceptions are Spinal Tap and Christine.....but seeing as I've watched them constantly for the last 30 years, that's different.
My list of 'scared to watch and ruin the memory' contains Falling Down, Convoy, Highlander..... EVERYTHING by Adam Sandler that seemed once funny, now horrifies me...with the exception of maybe Happy Gilmore, which I haven't re-watched in nearly 20 years, and is hovering in the 'scared to ruin' pile.