The last movie you've last watched last

Beej1

But are we talking on Free to air or Netflix with Westworld and The Expanse? I haven't heard of them on FTA but I have to admit I've given up on FTA and rarely watch anything.. So called reality programs nowadays make me want to punch somebody
I torrent all my TV shows.

I watch pretty much zero FTA, other than the few seconds between everything switching on, and me pressing the app button on my TV to view all the downloaded files on my NAS drive. And the 10 or so minutes I'm running in front of the TV's at the gym.

From what I can gather from those minutes, FTA TV is almost entirely reality television.

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
I torrent all my TV shows.

I watch pretty much zero FTA, other than the few seconds between everything switching on, and me pressing the app button on my TV to view all the downloaded files on my NAS drive. And the 10 or so minutes I'm running in front of the TV's at the gym.

From what I can gather from those minutes, FTA TV is almost entirely reality television.
Now I understand. It is all "reality" now but none of it is actually reality. We're a sad society.

Beej1

Now I understand. It is all "reality" now but none of it is actually reality. We're a sad society.
Although he was referring to the current political happenings in his country, I think a recent Haiku by Joss Whedon kinda sums up society pretty well:

lmao
srsly wtf?
we r #fukd

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
Although he was referring to the current political happenings in his country, I think a recent Haiku by Joss Whedon kinda sums up society pretty well:

lmao
srsly wtf?
we r #fukd
He must have been accidentally watched The Block, Masterchef or Survivor. But on a good note I will watch Arrival.

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
My FTA consumption is pretty much limited to Dutch horror and 70s chopsocky on SBS, but even then, it's through the SBS on demand app.

As for the last movie, Runaway Train, I was pleasantly surprised. Probably the only movie since Training Day, Denzel hasn't played the part of the 'megalomaniac crooked cop' he portrayed in Training day.

#knuckleswasadrunkenchunt

Beej1

Rogue One. Pretty solid affair.

Pro's:
- good story
- good performances
- totally retconns the kiwi stormtroopers Lucas edited into later 'special editions' of the OT
- visually the best movie of the lot

Con's:
- too many friggin cameos for no purpose other than to go "Look! We a Star Wars movie!" From the blue milkshake to testicle-mouth & fucked-up-face from Mos Eisley Cantina
- the real killer: CGI faces (for 2 aforementioned cameos). They look crap. No other word for it. Almost spoils the film for me, so distracting.

asterix

Likes Bikes
Just re-watched This Is the End. Such a funny film. The exchange between Franco & McBride about "jizzing in my nice magazine" is gold.[video=youtube_share;q15cEWaqWcs]https://youtu.be/q15cEWaqWcs[/video]

Beej1

The exchange between Franco & McBride about "jizzing in my nice magazine" is gold.
That and the fictionalised version of Michael Cera as a playa.

Looking forward to seeing what the hell Danny McBride is doing in Ridley Scott's next Alien film.

stirk

Burner
Just watched Rogue One, good movie, lots of fun and I liked the way the story ties in New Hope.

I only wished the tie fighters had that old school sound.

[video=youtube_share;HBBwXAPNLr0]https://youtu.be/HBBwXAPNLr0[/video]

mik_git

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Rogue One. Pretty solid affair.

Pro's:
- good story
- good performances
- totally retconns the kiwi stormtroopers Lucas edited into later 'special editions' of the OT
- visually the best movie of the lot

Con's:
- too many friggin cameos for no purpose other than to go "Look! We a Star Wars movie!" From the blue milkshake to testicle-mouth & fucked-up-face from Mos Eisley Cantina
- the real killer: CGI faces (for 2 aforementioned cameos). They look crap. No other word for it. Almost spoils the film for me, so distracting.
every time I saw gov tarkin I thought clones wars cartoon... and red/gold leader...just no.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
every time I saw gov tarkin I thought clones wars cartoon... and red/gold leader...just no.
Just saw it tonight. Overall a great movie, damn good for the Star Wars geek.

The Tarkin-bot wasn't so bad though and not much they can do since Peter Cushing is still a little bit dead. Same goes for any extra Rogue One storyline. Red Five's spot is also made available for ANH. My only gripe it few too many cameos, but, meh......... Thumbs Up from me.

mik_git

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Just saw it tonight. Overall a great movie, damn good for the Star Wars geek.

The Tarkin-bot wasn't so bad though and not much they can do since Peter Cushing is still a little bit dead. Same goes for any extra Rogue One storyline. Red Five's spot is also made available for ANH. My only gripe it few too many cameos, but, meh......... Thumbs Up from me.
Yeah i didn't mind that they had red and gold leader in there...but they seemed give them 2 or 3 cut and pastes from the trench run each... just gave me grrr. I actually liked the "i'm wanted in 12 systems" cameo dude, cracked me up.

Beej1

I actually liked the "i'm wanted in 12 systems" cameo dude, cracked me up.
I liked the duo's portrayal in Robot Chicken Star Wars more. But ... if they'd been completely omitted from Rogue One the movie wouldn't have been any less good, and I wouldn't have been thinking Gee, how convenient they got out of that city in time before it was annihilated to make their way to Tattoine, go to a bar, and get their hands chopped off by a guy who's very plans were set in motion by the woman you just bumped into.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
I fell asleep on the lounge with a few minutes to go in The Revenant. I like it, it's a simple plot that's been executed very well but the Oscar surely should've gone to the crew making that thing? Man they filmed in some rugged terrain! Leo is great though, the guy lost it all and still managed not to give in.

stirk

Burner
I fell asleep on the lounge with a few minutes to go in The Revenant. I like it, it's a simple plot that's been executed very well but the Oscar surely should've gone to the crew making that thing? Man they filmed in some rugged terrain! Leo is great though, the guy lost it all and still managed not to give in.
So this movie is more effective than a few bennie's?

Beej1