The last movie you've last watched last

franco cozzo

Likes Dirt
upside down - doco on uk label creation records (primal scream, the jesus & mary chain, teenage fanclub, swervedriver, ride, oasis etc)

slowmick

38-39"
Borg vs McEnroe - quite enjoyed it - nice way to spend Saturday afternoon. Very similar vibe to Rush. Two very talented but troubled men. Seems to be a theme.

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Pacfic rim uprising, don’t ask me why.. Shite just like the original. Fighting robots better than any transformers shitfest at least...

Beej1

Just got home from (finally) seeing Ant Man And The Wasp with the daughter. It was a whole lotta fun!
I thought it was fun too. Liked it more than the first one. Digitally de-aged Pfeiffer and Douglas were pretty convincing. Will be interested to see the upcoming Capt Marvel with a Pulp Fiction era Sam L Jackson (and Clark Gregg) using the same treatment for all their scenes (which is a lot, apparently).

I sincerely hope they don’t do a re-make of that film, because of the propensity of modern women for Brazilians. That scene would be a whole new level of nasty.
I hope they don't do a remake simply because there's so fkn many remakes these days. Come up with something original for a change Hollywood.

Nambra

Definitely should have gone to specsavers
Saw Jurassic World; Fallen Kingdom with the family yesterday. Pretty mind-numbing as one would expect.

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Mission Impossible: Fallout.
I quite liked it. You do have to be a fan though.
And clearly I wasn't paying attention enough to spot the plot hole...

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Mission Impossible: Fallout.
I quite liked it. You do have to be a fan though.
And clearly I wasn't paying attention enough to spot the plot hole...
I'd imagine the people who enjoy this film series aren't the sort to notice until it's pointed out...don't worry I'm the same when it comes to star wars. The original 3. The only fault I can find in them is that Luke is never shown to be upset by his buddy Biggs turning into space dust. Nor any of the survivors being like "shit...all our friends died. *sniffle*"

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Great movie. Still one of my favourites
Sure is. I looked up how old the main 3 actors were when the film was made. I'd not watched the film for a long time and digital+modern televisions made it pretty obvious the boys were foundation heavy, especially Cameron. Talk about pulling a Luke Perry before Luke Perry did! I also noticed a boob shaking singlet wearing bra free extra with some savage nipple boners that I hadn't seen before during the parade, so a new dimension was added for me! Given I watched this as a teenager a few times I don't know how I had missed her!

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'd imagine the people who enjoy this film series aren't the sort to notice until it's pointed out...don't worry I'm the same when it comes to star wars. The original 3. The only fault I can find in them is that Luke is never shown to be upset by his buddy Biggs turning into space dust. Nor any of the survivors being like "shit...all our friends died. *sniffle*"
I'll try not to take that as a slight, life's too short. I believe it depend on the frame of mind one enters the cinema in.

For this kind of film I'm not looking for something to make me ponder aspects of life, so unless it's obvious to the point of making one wonder if the director actually watched the finished article with care prior to release: Justice League & Zach Snyder, I'm looking at you, I'm prepared to forgive it.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
I believe it depend on the frame of mind one enters the cinema in.

For this kind of film I'm not looking for something to make me ponder aspects of life
what the rev. said

It's nice sometimes just watching cool stuff happen on the screen. Not everything can be as great as Harvey Krumpet, sometimes mindless explosions are all you want.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Sure is. I looked up how old the main 3 actors were when the film was made. I'd not watched the film for a long time and digital+modern televisions made it pretty obvious the boys were foundation heavy, especially Cameron. Talk about pulling a Luke Perry before Luke Perry did! I also noticed a boob shaking singlet wearing bra free extra with some savage nipple boners that I hadn't seen before during the parade, so a new dimension was added for me! Given I watched this as a teenager a few times I don't know how I had missed her!
It is a great movie with everything you need, I just wish they left out the dance scene. That should habe been replaced with a car chase....

Bueller,....... Bueller....... Anyone.... Anyone..... Bueller..........

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I did feel there was a bit of racial profiling going on in that dance montage...1 African American in the film (the nurse) and suddenly the only people in Chicago who can dance are African Americans and they are out I'm force for German parade day. Does such a parade exist?

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
I did feel there was a bit of racial profiling going on in that dance montage...1 African American in the film (the nurse) and suddenly the only people in Chicago who can dance are African Americans and they are out I'm force for German parade day. Does such a parade exist?
Good observation. Next thing we will be thinking that Ferris can actually sing. Wasn't one of the guys that borrowed the Ferrari also African American with the latino gentleman?

I propose to go to Chicago and hand around for a few months in spring to see if a big German parade comes our way.

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I proposeto go to Chicago and hand around for a few months
I'm not going on any holiday that involves handing around. It sounds like a sure fire way to get a nasty rash.
Correct about the car abusers, profiling much? There was not a lot of racial diversity in the film. They did give a nice face slap to the privileged in that space too. Where Ferris asks the parking attendant if he speaks English. Well I'm assuming it is an up yours to people who think like that.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
I'm not going on any holiday that involves handing around. It sounds like a sure fire way to get a nasty rash.
Oh, you gotta try it, surely you have by now. A nasty rash is small price to pay for a hell of a time.

Correct about the car abusers, profiling much? There was not a lot of racial diversity in the film. They did give a nice face slap to the privileged in that space too. Where Ferris asks the parking attendant if he speaks English. Well I'm assuming it is an up yours to people who think like that.
I have to agree but most movies around that era were pretty similar in casting apart from Beat Street and possibly the first in the Rambo series and Cheech and Chong movies. As long as Molly Ringwald in her prime makes an appearance then all is forgiven. Chicago may not have the strong latin influence as Southern California has hence the glaring omission. Bearing that in mind, then the cast might have been fairly accurate. If Ferris 2 was set in LA then we could make a fair comparison of these theory.

I feel like somewhere tucked away in a University department is someone's thesis on the 'A Psychoanalysis of Ferris Bueller' in a large hardcovered book. So much to discuss and life is so short.

Freediver

I can go full Karen
I,Tonya. I wonder how close to the truth it is but it was pretty enjoyable. Some great characters to love and hate and a heap of real douches to give it a good dose of black humour. It might be a bit too heavy for a comedy but it's definitely too funny to be classed as drama and it sure isn't a romantic comedy.
I'd rate it a solid XT almost XTR quality.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
I am a big Batman fan but really didn't like Batman vs Superman, the script and the plot is rubbish and it's not Batmany in any way. With that in mind, I've held off watching the Justice League but took the step on the weekend...............wish I didn't! It's stupid lifeless rubbish and the old "super heroes don't like each other but we'll fight the aliens" theme is so overdone.
I did also watch Zero Dark Thirty and thought it worked well with a kind of documentary feel that kept me wanting more. The final scenes were pretty edgy, quite enjoyed it actually.

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I am a big Batman fan but really didn't like Batman vs Superman, the script and the plot is rubbish and it's not Batmany in any way. With that in mind, I've held off watching the Justice League but took the step on the weekend...............wish I didn't! It's stupid lifeless rubbish and the old "super heroes don't like each other but we'll fight the aliens" theme is so overdone.
I did also watch Zero Dark Thirty and thought it worked well with a kind of documentary feel that kept me wanting more. The final scenes were pretty edgy, quite enjoyed it actually.
I left a large enough clue in an earlier post to avoid Justice League. It's almost as bad as Spiderman 3 / Superman 4 "the quest for peace".

Someone deserves to have their licence revoked for JL.