The last movie you've last watched last

danncam

Likes Dirt
Joker
8/10 (as long as you're up for a depressing, slow, moody dirge).

If you want some smiles, action, in-jokes and pop cultcha nods; give it a miss. Joker is not a super hero movie. Not a date movie, and will be balm to the soul for any incel-y types out there.

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Sounds & fury - post apocalyptic samurai musical

40 min short film, with a host of different animation studios collaborating alongside an album by Sturgill Simpson. No speaking parts, it's entirely an audio/visual experience. Wouldn't mind a re-watch because I was medicated and half asleep, but that might be a solid part of why I enjoyed it so much.

Would love to see more stuff like this, nice to just be taken along for a ride sometimes!

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

Nambra

Definitely should have gone to specsavers
Watched The Nugget last night in a makeshift “cinema in the park” that some neighbours sometimes put on. Old school 2002 Aussie comedy with Eric Bana, Stephen Currie, Dave O’Neil, Max Cullen, (RIP) Belinda Emmet, with Peter Moon and Vince Colosimo for good measure. A reflection of Australian life and attitudes less than 20 years ago, but seems longer given the level of sanitisation and fear of offending in films these days.

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The Foreigner - having grown up in the UK during the 70's and 80's there is a very interesting mix to this film. It's certainly not the slapstick Jackie Chan type he's done in the past...

I'm giving it a solid 8/10.
It's not meant to be some meaningful and thought provoking seminal work though so don't start comparing it to "name your benchmark film".

bear the bear

Is a real bear
The Foreigner - having grown up in the UK during the 70's and 80's there is a very interesting mix to this film. It's certainly not the slapstick Jackie Chan type he's done in the past...

It's not meant to be some meaningful and thought provoking seminal work though so don't start comparing it to "name your benchmark film".
It's an adaption of the book "The Chinaman" by Stephen Leather. One of his earlier and better works.

mtb1611

Seymour

I watched it last week, also enjoyed it.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Danger close - was a bit of a patriotic long tan story telling. Good level of tension. Effects guys loved having bodies cartwheel into trees

The dead don't die - light hearted zombie film with a lot of big names in the cast.

Finding steve marquees - Meh. Mostly schmaltz

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
El Camino (Breaking Bad movie) - was like a little trip down memory lane. Not huge on story, just lots of tense scenes and well shot. Liked it for what it was.

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
Sounds & fury - post apocalyptic samurai musical

40 min short film, with a host of different animation studios collaborating alongside an album by Sturgill Simpson. No speaking parts, it's entirely an audio/visual experience. Wouldn't mind a re-watch because I was medicated and half asleep, but that might be a solid part of why I enjoyed it so much.

Would love to see more stuff like this, nice to just be taken along for a ride sometimes!

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk
Ever watched Interstellar 5555?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Talledega Nights

Will Ferrell is supposed to be a comedian ? Is that right ?
There's 2 funny parts. Saw that movie at a drive in with a girl. Was looking to be a good night until her brother in law and a bunch of his friends pulled in next to us! Rowdy clowns had themselves a cockblocking good time!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Once upon a time in Hollywood

I had no idea what to expect and certainly didn't expect the story that it told. I felt it was one of his better films. There was a fair bit less gore than usual as well.

Stuber
What a pile of shit. I knew it would be before I clicked on it, wish I hadn't