The last movie you've last watched last

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
Star Wars. Don’t bother. It deserves the 57% rating on rotten tomatoes.

My step kids (4.5 and 9) biological father took them to Star Wars. Such responsible parenting taking kids to a M rated movie.
took the family ... wife didn’t get it at all. Kids and I loved it and my Daughter isn’t really into Starwars. I reckon Disney is doing a pretty good job.

Re: Parenting.
I watched new hope when I was like 7 I believe ... took my son when he was 4 to watch the prequels ... we both went to paintball for his 13th a few weeks ago. We had so much fun and I don’t think I’m creating an axe murderer.

Ive been watching war movies and horror movies since I can remember. Some of my funniest/fondest memories as a kid is being scared shitless on a couch with my whole family watching cheesy Christopher Lee ‘Dracula’ movies, brings a smile to my face even as I type. The key is in communicating with the kids and letting them think about the message and or explaining what is fantasy vs morality. If you aren’t that kind of a parent then yeah Frozen 2 is pretty good.

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
That might be the case, and I certainly don't think it's for everyone.

Additionally, I remember critics giving Mad Max: Fury Road stellar reviews and that, at least to me was terrible.
I couldn’t sit through Fury Road, even had two attempts at it. Stinker of a movie.

Me and the my 2 boys 9 & 12 all really enjoyed Rise of the Skywalker. Thought it was a good way to end the series, very similar to avengers End Game in the last half. Yes the first 1/4 or so wasn’t that great but it builds up well.
These same reviewers gave the last star wars 90+% so I think it’s fair to say they ain’t got a clue or there has push to down vote the movie on purpose.

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
In regards to kids seeing a M movie.. My 9 year didn’t flinch couldn’t care less about fantasy stuff. My 12 year really didn’t like the emperor’s appearance, but wasn’t exactly frightened just thought it was gross. But this is the kid that gets faint at the sight of his own blood..

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Once upon a time in Hollywood. First thing, dont start watching it at 10pm, its 3 hours really seem to takenlonger to play out. But i still cant decide if it was brilliant or a pile of crap. so definitely in the normal taratino mould.

Milpool

Have knuckles, will drag
Finally watched John Wick 3. They're getting ridiculous but still a good watch. Big Keanu Reeves fan.

wesdadude

ウェスド アドゥーデ
The Taken Trilogy. I double featured 1 and 2 on Saturday night and finished it off tonight. I think the first one had too much exposition at the start and the family stuff is pretty cheesy in the latter ones. Once it gets going the first has a driving pace and originality not present the in sequels.

It's been too long so I finished off the night by giving my favourite another spin.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
took the family ... wife didn’t get it at all. Kids and I loved it and my Daughter isn’t really into Starwars. I reckon Disney is doing a pretty good job.

Re: Parenting.
I watched new hope when I was like 7 I believe ... took my son when he was 4 to watch the prequels ... we both went to paintball for his 13th a few weeks ago. We had so much fun and I don’t think I’m creating an axe murderer.

Ive been watching war movies and horror movies since I can remember. Some of my funniest/fondest memories as a kid is being scared shitless on a couch with my whole family watching cheesy Christopher Lee ‘Dracula’ movies, brings a smile to my face even as I type. The key is in communicating with the kids and letting them think about the message and or explaining what is fantasy vs morality. If you aren’t that kind of a parent then yeah Frozen 2 is pretty good.
Kids of divorced parents needs a completely different parenting approach. I’ve an almost 5yo step son who’s first instinct is violence.

I had seen all the first three Star Wars by the age of 8, I’m no axe murderer yet.

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
I think most kids /people are ok with some violence but every so often there is some male teenager with guns when are readily available somewhere like the USA..

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
Knives Out. A really well-written, well-acted whodunit with many twists and turns, and Daniel Craig doing an outrageously over-the-top Kentucky accent for no discernible reason.

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
Backdraft 2. Should have known better. Nothing like the original... Still love Deadpool though.... ;)

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
I realise that it has gone for 133 pages but the Title of the thread has 2 too many lasts ie redundancies .
For those with a manchild streak "Snowpiercer" is good.
Sometimes includes me.

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
I realise that it has gone for 133 pages but the Title of the thread has 2 too many lasts ie redundancies .
For those with a manchild streak "Snowpiercer" is good.
Sometimes includes me.
I watched that. You're a twisted man then...

Nambra

Definitely should have gone to specsavers
Ok so I binged on a The Witcher on Netflix over the last few days and thought it was well produced. Henry Cavill does a good job of it.

Has anyone read the Witcher books by Andrzej Sapkowski that this series is based on? Are they any good?

Nambra

Definitely should have gone to specsavers
They're solid, but feel like a series of short stories than a big epic tale. Worth a read if you enjoyed the games.
I have not liked the TV series at all though, they have thrown all their eggs in the basket of "get Geralt right" and then neglected nearly every other aspect of it. Hard to criticise the acting when the script is so thin they don't have anything to work with.
Thanks for the feedback @Zaf. Having not played the games or read the books, I had nothing to base my opinion on other than this series.
Apparently Netflix gave season 2 the green light before the first had aired, they were that confident in it's appeal. Interestingly the credits for each episode lists no less than four different directors - perhaps due to filming in different locations?