The last movie you've last watched last

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I watched Star wars rise of Skywalker a week ago. It was dissapointing, lacking in story and characters, but it was not the worst in the series.

I watched Lincoln lawyer the other night. It was ok.

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
I watched Lincoln lawyer the other night. It was ok.
I need to rewatch that. I’m a huge Michael Connelly Fan. I don’t think there is a character he has written that I haven’t enjoyed and most of the conversions from book to film/tv are good to watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
Knives Out. A really well-written, well-acted whodunit with many twists and turns, and Daniel Craig doing an outrageously over-the-top Kentucky accent for no discernible reason.
Just watched this tonight and really enjoyed it. Great original film.

Shane was we missed the first few minutes. So I was running scenarios in my head that probably would have been crossed off with what I missed.

Lego Movie 2. Two movies in one, just like the first one. A few decent cameos and plenty of references to the classics.
As per above not to be left out.... saw a poster in the cinema for the Playmobil movie. That euro LEGO knockoff has already has some unusual characters. Movie may be weird. Maybe Skandi Noir inspired.

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
How does anyone get to a movie late when they have 20 minutes of advertising before the bloody thing even starts?
Well that’s what we thought we had. Session started at 645 we walked into the actual theater at 7. Someone must have cut down on the ads. When we took the kids to see frozen 2 the other week it was a solid 20 minutes before the film started.

moorey

call me Mia
The Revenant.
I watch 2-3 movies a year.
I knew a bit about Hugh Glass before seeing this.
What a steaming pile of turds.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Well there is nothing like spending the day on a plane to set you to watching shit movies you wouldn't have picked for yourself...

The Dead Zone: not a bad film. It had good story and developed the characters and relationships reasonably well. More could have been done to ramp up the tension though. Is this Christopher Walkens' only lead role?

The Dark Tower: a little more Stephen King. Again not too bad, not great either. Plenty of source material available...so it isnt like imagination was needed at the writing desk. Anyway the film has a reasonable pace, isn't too reliant on special effects, but didn't really develop any interesting characters and ran down a well worn cliche path. The never ending story did it better.

Zombie land and zombie land 2: wow! I was really scraping the bottom of the barrel when I went for this, but I can't sleep on planes and I was a long way past bed time. But you know what? These are actually pretty good films. Light hearted fun films with good pace, plenty of action, and some interesting characters. I felt the first was better than the second.

Rambo last blood: yes I rest did. What a tired old cliche piece of shit. It was just had the whole way through. But it was almost identical to the "time to landing" left when I. Refer something to pull me through. Just terrible...

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
The Revenant.
I tried a year or two ago on a plane and couldn't get into it. I made it to where he drags himself into the river and I was done. I read the wiki about the Hugh glass fellow and it sounded like a real bad arse story of survival. Something that would turn into a good movie and. It even really need the sensationalized Hollywood treatment.

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
The Death of Stalin = gallows/ black comedy on SBS world movies.
Not suitable for youths since some of the subjects are gruesome, political and over their heads.
'Twin' from Norway not to be confused with twins Arnie + Danny De Vito an 80 s classic.

mike14

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The Gentlemen is certainly worth a watch, it's nice to see Ritchie back in fine form. Hugh Grant's character was just brilliant.

The Thing on Netflix is a very ho-hum horror film

6 Underground is Michael Bay being Michael Bay, so depending on what reaction that comment elicits from you depends on whether you'll enjoy it

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The Revenant.
Now can you imagine the deep feeling of joy and lightness of being as one walked out of the theatre having watched that film?

I vowed never to watch it again.... hopefully you only watched it via Netflix.

moorey

call me Mia
Now can you imagine the deep feeling of joy and lightness of being as one walked out of the theatre having watched that film?

I vowed never to watch it again.... hopefully you only watched it via Netflix.
Yep, Netflix. The family is away, I was bored, and forgot we even had it. Found a couple of cool documentaries, but after a few hours doing, I think I’ve seen everything on there that’s worthwhile watching.

nathanm

Eats Squid
The Thing on Netflix is a very ho-hum horror film

6 Underground is Michael Bay being Michael Bay, so depending on what reaction that comment elicits from you depends on whether you'll enjoy it
That's the re-make version of the Thing from memory and yes it's pretty ho hum but the originally John Carpenter is an absolute banger.

I couldn't watch 6 Underground, the jump editing, cliche'd plot and dialogue was an absolute abortion and was pretty much a 90 minute music video. It's something you half-watch whilst playing on your phone.