The last movie you've last watched last

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
Is it a prequel to saving Private Ryan? The brief teaser I saw on you tube seed to give that feeling
not really a prequel, but similar storyline i guess in that it’s the 2 guys trying to get to a whole division - the brother on the other side plays very little part

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
not really a prequel, but similar storyline i guess in that it’s the 2 guys trying to get to a whole division - the brother on the other side plays very little part
I didnt mean a literal prequel, but a similar story. Sounds like a mashup with the Mel g classic Gallipoli as well.

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
I didnt mean a literal prequel, but a similar story. Sounds like a mashup with the Mel g classic Gallipoli as well.
yep a little bit, my wife didn’t like cinematography, but i thought it was good, they tried to give you the whole view as if you were there..the way it’s hot really tbenfits from a cinema screen, on tv i’m not sure it would work

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Well that’s what we thought we had. Session started at 645 we walked into the actual theater at 7. Someone must have cut down on the ads. When we took the kids to see frozen 2 the other week it was a solid 20 minutes before the film started.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Different exhibitors, different features, different venue. Many variables as to how many ads and trailers are going to play before the feature. Even sometimes just advertisers pull the plug on their cinema spend and send it elsewhere.

wesdadude

ウェスド アドゥーデ
Back to the Future. A real classic. I'll get through the other two in the near future.
I double featured parts II and III. They're set up as two parts of a sequel although they have two distinct stories the third is required for closure on the second. At least I didn't have to wait for the summer of 1990.

The Karate Kid. A good watch. There were children in the vacinity so it seemed like the safest option. It only has Mild Themes and Violence rather than Strong themes, drug use and violence or Strong violence and coarse language.

wesdadude

ウェスド アドゥーデ
Double featured Bad Boys and Bad Boys II in anticipation of seeing Bad Boys for Life this week. They've got comedy, they've got action, 2 out of 3 ain't bad.

There's an interesting analysis of the Bad Boys II shit just got real scene in the Edgar Wright and Simon Pegg Hott Fuzz comentary.

Edgar Wright […] whoever wrote this line in Bad Boys II deserves an Oscar […] In those films when you have what's called the point of no return at the end of act II. You know; when the kind of the chips are down but our heroes are going to face up to the final onslaught. Whoever then, y'know, reduced it to the line "the shit just got real" is a genius.
Simon Pegg But what just happened in the film? Because I think a lot of shit had been real before that,
…hadn't they been chased by a car that was throwing cars off the back of a car?
EW They'd already taken on the Klu Klux Klan, the Haiitians…
SP and then it's real…
EW …and then it's real, then they have to go to Cuba.

wesdadude

ウェスド アドゥーデ
Bad Boys for Life. I really enjoyed this one. It's a little more refined than the Bayhem of the other two and there's a little more story. There's plenty of stylistic homage and references to the earlier films but it makes sense by itself. It's full of cliché but it's great.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
I haven't seen Parasite yet, but Bong Joon-ho's earlier film 'The Host' has similar virtues and is an excellent watch.

wesdadude

ウェスド アドゥーデ
Se7en. Decided to do a Fincher Friday. Interesting to revisit this one and see the relationship development between the two detectives. Also interesting is the power of suggestion and the ability of the brain to fake memories.

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The invisible man.
It builds suspense reasonably well. That said there are plot twists / developments one can see coming down the road easily enough.

Worth watching though.

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
Beats

The storyline's a bit meh and I've a few issues with the historical accuracy of it but at the same time the soundtrack is absolutely banging and I was fully pumped by the end of it!

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
'Das Boot' was on last night on the freebox, classic suspense war movie..
and to back that up, 'All quiet on the Western Front' was on at 5:45 this morning whilst I was getting ready for work...should have chucked a sickie!