The last movie you've last watched last

bear the bear

Is a real bear
American Gods a new series on Viceland .
Definitely weird, disjointed , hard to follow the story ,deliberately grossly violent , mystical. OTTop characters .
The dialogue is more like a Shakespeare play .
Beautiful photography .
Too violent and obscure for me to keep watching it.
I heard good things about this.
My wife is currently chewing through content on Netflix, so this one did pop up in the back of the head

creaky

XMAS Plumper
Five episodes into 'Ozark' on netflix.

So far interesting characters, good character development, not hanging about. The main actors are good.

Has a bit of a Twin Peaks kind of feel to the setting.

Expecting is to tail off into a borefest at some stage before I get to Season 3 .....

Jpez

Down on the left!

So far interesting characters, good character development, not hanging about. The main actors are good.

Expecting is to tail off into a borefest at some stage before I get to Season 3 .....
No. It doesn’t. It’s no Breaking bad or Sopranos but it’s worth watching all the way.

moorey

call me Mia
Gran Torino. Unforgiven with 'gooks'. (Using in context of movie, don't shoot the messenger).
It wasn't bad, but the racial slurs and stereotypes sure made me wince at times.

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
Venom, gee I'm glad Foxtel have opened the Movie package for everyone because I wouldn't be stoked if I had paid for that.

nathanm

Eats Squid
Richard Jewell - Clint Eastwood certainly seems to be losing his grip and if you've ever seen any of his ealier films as a director they were woeful. This movie started out very much like that and though the direction and probably editing was clunky, some of the characters very much over the top in what I assume was purely vindictive, the movie was actually quiet good.

The lead actor who played Richard Jewell was excellent. The character was a tough one and could easily have been made a cliche, but what came across was a man who just had strong convictions and a desire to protect and serve ('Murica) and got royally fucked over by the authorities who used the media to try and pin a case on the wrong person.

Kathy Bates was amazing as his mother, but the supporting cast weren't given much to work with and were just stereotypes.
I'd give it a solid 7/10.

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt

It actually keeps giving for a long while. Similar story arc as breaking bad..

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
"Ray "about Ray Charles on SBS . Great if into his music.
Also "Miles Ahead" about Miles Davis pretty chaotic, Miles is not likeable , well acted .
Difficult to hear for the old and deaf , no subtitles .