The last movie you've last watched last

moorey

call me Mia
Watched The Prestige last night. Knew zero about it. Pleasantly surprised. Picked a few of the twists, but caught well off guard with others. 8/10.

I’ve noticed that most movies I really like seem to rate badly with Rotten Tomatoes, so I looked at what plays well with their audiences. It’s a predictably shite list IMHO. I cared zero about their ratings before looking...even less now.

Watched about 7 minutes of ‘Lady Driver’ just now. Name sounded familiar so I thought it might be ok. It wasn’t, and isn’t. 1/10 at best.

Reactions: Zaf

Beaker74

Likes Dirt
I’m definitely no film critic...and I’m sure most of my faves would have been canned by them....but I absolutely can’t abode most of what seems to sell and rate well.
abide
I agree with you though. Not sure why movie reviewer as a job needs to exist.

moorey

call me Mia
For Christ sake. Mission Impossible Fallout is 6th highest rated movie ever on RT. My fam watched it the other day. I tried, but it was honestly one of the worst things I’ve ever seen.

moorey

call me Mia
Tried to watch Beowulf. I’m sure the animation was good at the time...but I found it unwatchable after 3 minutes. Pity, was looking forward to it. Watched ‘Tucker’ instead. Cheesy, but loved the cars and was already familiar/interested in story. Very few movies don’t have me checking to see if movie is almost over. Wasn’t on this one. That’s a positive.

creaky

XMAS Plumper
Tried to watch Beowulf. I’m sure the animation was good at the time...but I found it unwatchable after 3 minutes. Pity, was looking forward to it. Watched ‘Tucker’ instead. Cheesy, but loved the cars and was already familiar/interested in story. Very few movies don’t have me checking to see if movie is almost over. Wasn’t on this one. That’s a positive.
Have you watched the '300' with gerard butler? It's terrible, you'd appreciate it.

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Just finished Season 1 ... thanks for the inspiration !
Was funny cos the truman show was on recently as well, and seeing laura linney in these two roles makes her extra creepy. and not sure if i like or hate bateman with his character, its great.

moorey

call me Mia
Have you watched the '300' with gerard butler? It's terrible, you'd appreciate it.
It was on the Teev at FIL’s house one day. I wasn’t able to get into it then, but I’m now learning hoe truly good a truly awful meeting can be.

Jpez

Down on the left!
season 3 of ozark - this is breaking bad levels of good.
Woah! Big call there cowboy.
But I agree it is very very good. Considering every character is detestable it does a great job of drawing you in to their world.