The last movie you've last watched last

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
Not a movie but The Last Dance is so good - and I don't even like basketball. I can still remember a lot of the names because of how massive that Bulls team was around the world. At school we were a bunch of 9-10 year olds in rural Tasmania collecting basketball cards over football cards at that time.. which is crazy thinking back now.

Nice to get some background on a lot of it now - still got 2 episodes to go.

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
I'm thinking Better Call Saul is almost better than Breaking Bad in some ways now. The Saul - Kim relationship, Nacho Varga and his conflicts, and the fighting and politics between the different drug families are all fantastic. Both are better than Ozark, but that is still very much worth watching.

Anyone ventured into Westworld season 3 yet? I liked the first 2 seasons but couldn't see where it could go from there. Mate assures me its good though.

Jpez

Down on the left!
I'm thinking Better Call Saul is almost better than Breaking Bad in some ways now. The Saul - Kim relationship, Nacho Varga and his conflicts, and the fighting and politics between the different drug families are all fantastic. Both are better than Ozark, but that is still very much worth watching.

Anyone ventured into Westworld season 3 yet? I liked the first 2 seasons but couldn't see where it could go from there. Mate assures me its good though.
I loved all of Better call Saul. It had a different pace and was constructed differently to BB. But the last season takes it to a whole new level now his transformation from Jimmy to Saul is almost complete it’s brillian.
But still love Breaking Bad a tad more. A big tad.

The Sopranos is probably my favourite series ever though. Completely ground breaking for the time.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
I loved all of Better call Saul. It had a different pace and was constructed differently to BB. But the last season takes it to a whole new level now his transformation from Jimmy to Saul is almost complete it’s brilliant.
Yes!!!

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
Better Call Saul is just fantastic. Breaking Bad was good, although a couple of seasons towards the back end got repetitive and could have been merged into one. Walter White and his decisions infuriating to watch too, although of course that is the point.

I love the slightly old fashioned pace of BCS; an intriguing and unpredictable show.

Nambra

Definitely should have gone to specsavers
Binged on all three seasons over the last couple of months. Season 3 takes things in a bit of a different direction and while it was still entertaining, I don't think it was of the same standard as the first two seasons. I felt like by the end of season 2 they'd squeezed all they could out of the Westworld concept and the story has since lost some of its originality and appeal. Sounds like you're going to feel the same.

tried watching it recently and got stuck about halfway through season one. is all the gore going someplace so its worth persevering?
It is worth it IMO. Season 2 tones things down a little but the violence is part of the overall narrative, and provides the somewhat tenuous link to season 3.

Don't bother with "A Score to Settle" on Netflix - largely forgettable story and performances. If it were an attempt to breathe life back into Nicholas Cage's career, he would do well to first breathe life back into himself.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
If it were an attempt to breathe life back into Nicholas Cage's career, he would do well to first breathe life back into himself.
Did he end up with a massive cocaine problem? The amount of shit he has attached his name too over the last while makes him look pretty eager for cash. Though I've never really thought much of his acting, he was at one stage quite a big name.

Nambra

Definitely should have gone to specsavers
Did he end up with a massive cocaine problem? The amount of shit he has attached his name too over the last while makes him look pretty eager for cash. Though I've never really thought much of his acting, he was at one stage quite a big name.
Just the typical "got nothing left to live for" revenge flick. The list of Cage's films on his imdb bio is extensive but like you, I've never been blown away by his performances. Some actors get better with age, some you don't see in a few years and you think "shit, he's got old", which is somewhat depressing as it reminds you that are also getting older!

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
I thought Cage was good in Matchstick Men. Possibly okay in Adaptation but it's been a long time since I saw that.

Jpez

Down on the left!
I liked him him in Wild at heart but that was probably more about the director, style and era of the film. Suited him to a tee. Take him out of that Indie film style though and he hasn’t a lot to offer.

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Justice League Dark
Apokolips War.
8/10 if not more. And SO much better than the DCEU rubbish foisted onto us.

If you like your animated films, get onto this. Flashpoint Paradox and then some. Watched it twice...

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Searching

I'm not sure what to think.

The entire movie is shot through the computer screen - all dialogue is on webchat apps. Concept is interesting.

But left me feeling like it was a made-for-TV kinda movie...

Jpez

Down on the left!
Does a doco count?
Just watched The Source Park.
Cool story of a bunch of young BMXers back in about 2000 that used to build and ride their own dirt jumps and from there opened up a bmx shop and grew to build the biggest indoor/underground bmx park In the world in an old sea side baths.
really cool story.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I know there is a thread for television programs on here somewhere, but...searching.

I recently crunched season 1 to 3 of rick and morty. I hadn't seen any of it when the hype was real. I can see the appeal and did enjoy it, finding enough laughs to keep me watching. I'm not so sure I'd have bothered with it if there wasn't a lock down.

I also watched the Mandalorian. There was a lot of hype surrounding this in the nerd world. I again enjoyed but wasn't overly enthralled. It was a lot better than the recent star wars cinematic releases.