The last movie you've last watched last

moorey

call me Mia
Birdemic!

I’d heard it was wonderfully bad. It exceeded all expectations. So glorious that a man spent 4 years and $10k of his own money making this movie he took deadly seriously. The backstory is equally brilliant.
It’s on YouTube FTW.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Don't be fooled by the rating. You have to watch "Birdemic" at some point.

This movies outshines "Troll 2" in every respect. It puts "Plan 9 From Outer Space" and "The Room" to shame. Imagine a movie that would be created solely to give film students a paper topic on how NOT to make movies. Every conceivable error has been made in making "Birdemic." At first, you simply won't be able to believe that the film is not a spoof. But if you read about the film and about Nguyen, and if you take a few moments to watch the additional material on the DVD, you will soon agree that this was just a misguided effort on the entire production team's part.

The sound is the most outstanding example of sheer incompetence. The director clearly understood what Foley is, since the gunshots have all been added post-production, but I guess they just didn't have the time or money to dub the vast majority of the film after shooting. And it needs it. Badly.

The acting is uniformly terrible. Not bad. Terrible. Alan Bragh doesn't even rise to the level of fourth grade pageants. Whitney Moore is cute as a button and is aided by a bit of camel-toe in at least one scene, but she's the best of a poor lot. All the supporting cast is "give your financial backers a small part" bad.

If you want to explain blocking, editing, framing, sound markers, continuity, reverse shots, and other film terms to your friends, this is the film to use. None of it is done correctly.

While the CGI (and I use the term in only the broadest sense) birds are hilarious, my favorite scene is the "retirement" scene. I think that the word "retirement" is used six times in just three lines. Watch for it. It's hard to miss.

BUT...it's strangely watchable. In contrast to many bad movies, it's not boring. Consider it a train wreck that you simply can't tear your eyes from. Even the boring scenes (and there really aren't that many) have some aspect (poor sound, hilariously unrealistic dialogue, odd things going on in the background) that fascinate. You'll be giggling and poking your elbow into the side of the person beside you.

So, go rent it. Really. You won't regret it.
I'll watch it tonight!

moorey

call me Mia
I'll watch it tonight!
You must! Indeed if it was intended as a spoof, it would be unwatchable. As a serious movie, it’s unmissable. The attempt at an environmental message is beyond anything you could parody. Look out for Dr Jones and the tree hugger.
My wife hates this sort of thing, but peeled over my shoulder to scoff....and was glued to the spot and attempting to logic it in some way while attempting not to faint in bewilderment.
I’m watching again tonight. And probably tomorrow night.

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
You must! Indeed if it was intended as a spoof, it would be unwatchable. As a serious movie, it’s unmissable. The attempt at an environmental message is beyond anything you could parody. Look out for Dr Jones and the tree hugger.
My wife hates this sort of thing, but peeled over my shoulder to scoff....and was glued to the spot and attempting to logic it in some way while attempting not to faint in bewilderment.
I’m watching again tonight. And probably tomorrow night.
Lol. Fuckit I'll have to watch it tonight!! I better grab some Tyrells on the way home

Birdemic!

I’d heard it was wonderfully bad. It exceeded all expectations. So glorious that a man spent 4 years and $10k of his own money making this movie he took deadly seriously. The backstory is equally brilliant.
It’s on YouTube FTW.
kinda reminds me of this beauty screened after an episode of the D Generation.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Have you sadists watched the room or the recent disaster artist?

When I was going through a only bad cinema will do stage, I once watched chopper chicks in zombie town. I also had a deep love for they live.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
@moorey, oh it's gooooood!

The shootout on the side of the road where non-film traffic is just driving past. Oh my God.

Got to the end...

Last edited:

moorey

call me Mia
It’s the best for sure.
Fun facts:
-The girl killed taking a shit wanted out of the movie, so was killed off instantaneously.
-Everything was shot without permits, so there was always people around. At one stage, lead woman told off the director for yelling at the public, so he cracked the shits with her, wouldn’t talk to her or acknowledge her, and gave her her direction through other cast members.
-Almost all crew quit, so she did all the makeup and hair, and they took turns to hold cameras and mikes.
-The director crashed a film festival to promote the movie, and printed up flyers and posters with a misspelled URL (bidemic.com)

I’ve just watched ‘Fateful Findings’. Atrocious in a good way. Not the crazy action of Bidemic, but incredible acting and plot shifts. Highly recommended. Free via Facebook.

Gah. Says link no work, but google or search FB.
Sample of the fare.

Last edited:

moorey

call me Mia
Move over Birdemic.
Samurai Cop has left you in its wake. I had heard plenty about this movie, and saying a couple of short clips, but nothing prepared me for it. Free to watch if you download the TUBI App.
Look out for the off and on Wig. The actor thought they had finished filming, then cut his hair, but the director dragged him back to reshoot half of the movie again. All outdoor scenes were shot without sound, then the actors refused to come back and do the ADR, so the director did it himself. Just magnificent.

Last edited: