The last movie you've last watched last

wesdadude

ウェスド アドゥーデ
It's been a while since I posted here last. Here's what I've seen in that time
  • Spirited Away - Probably the classic Ghibli.
  • My Neighbour Totoro - Not really much of a narrative to this one but it's cute.
  • Top Gun - This is my Dad's favourite film. It's like fondue, some solid bits in a whole load of cheese.
  • Miss Fisher and the Crypt of Tears - Corny but otherwise enjoyable.
  • Heat - A classic cop vs thief thriller.
  • 101 Dalmatians - Not bad but I didn't find it amazing.
  • Die Hard - What else are you going to do on Christmas?!
  • Spiderman: Into the Spiderverse - A cool animation style and interesting characterisations overcome the standard "destroy the thing, save the world" trope.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
It's been a while since I posted here last. Here's what I've seen in that time
  • Spirited Away - Probably the classic Ghibli.
  • My Neighbour Totoro - Not really much of a narrative to this one but it's cute.
  • Top Gun - This is my Dad's favourite film. It's like fondue, some solid bits in a whole load of cheese.
  • Miss Fisher and the Crypt of Tears - Corny but otherwise enjoyable.
  • Heat - A classic cop vs thief thriller.
  • 101 Dalmatians - Not bad but I didn't find it amazing.
  • Die Hard - What else are you going to do on Christmas?!
  • Spiderman: Into the Spiderverse - A cool animation style and interesting characterisations overcome the standard "destroy the thing, save the world" trope.
I haven't seen it for a while, but I did enjoy heat.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
We watched Tenet. Good concept poorly told, IMO.

These two summaries say it all:

From its heart racing opening to its dual-timeline finale, Nolan pushes the boundaries of how film is presented and meant to be consumed. Playing fast and loose with chronology, Tenet is built like a puzzle with a story that folds over itself enough times to make you believe the screenplay was built from origami. Put simply, the film demands numerous viewings to untangle its interwoven narrative and will undoubtably attract a myriad of interpretations.
...or...

Two moods: excessive incomprehensible exposition and LOUD incomprehensible action sequences. At no point do you know what is going on, nor are you given any reason to care. It is at all times tedious, meaningless and irritating. None of the characters are remotely interesting, much of the dialogue is inaudible and the ridiculous convolutions add up to nothing. And this cost over $200 million to make.
I err towards the second.

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
No. Jump straight in.

Bump the centre channel level up 6db if you can, dialog intelligibility is low due to scenes and costume.
Ha! We watched it last night. I'm glad I'm not the only one who needs to watch it twice then. Seriously hard to follow due to not being able to decipher what they are saying. But just hard to follow in general.. I think I enjoyed it. Not sure yet

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
If you're expected to watch a movie several time to "unravel" it, it's just director wankery.

looper, inception, primer, etc we're all relatively twisty timeywimey wibly wobbly movies but all inherantly able to be followed during one diligent watch.

Tenet makes me less excited for any future Nolan movie.