The last movie you've last watched last

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie

IMDB 4.7 is correct - if you are not able to disengage your disbelief mechanism. But it's a goddam movie, not a documentary!

I quite liked it in fact - it's a cross between a decent war movie & the Twilight Zone. And Chloe does a bloody great job with the lead.

Last edited:

Elbo

pesky scooter kids git off ma lawn
Ride The Divide
Only interesting for a very small audience, but was surprised just how old the film seems now, almost like a timewarp back to flip phone and blackberry stage, totally different experience for the 15 riders who took on the challenge compared to today.

Might rewatch 24 Solo next.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
The Big Short.

Never seen it before but it was excellent, great performances even from roles with a few lines. Everyone involved nailed it and the analogies they used to explain complex financial maneuverings was rad.

Just need a sequel now about whatever the Gamestop shenanigans end up with.

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
The Big Short.

Never seen it before but it was excellent, great performances even from roles with a few lines. Everyone involved nailed it and the analogies they used to explain complex financial maneuverings was rad.

Just need a sequel now about whatever the Gamestop shenanigans end up with.
I second this. I work in finance and this movie does a great job at explaining what's going on and how without being boring.

Even my wife loved it, and she usually glazes over when anything to do with finance is mentioned.

creaky

XMAS Plumper
I second this. I work in finance and this movie does a great job at explaining what's going on and how without being boring.

Even my wife loved it, and she usually glazes over when anything to do with finance is mentioned.
Sorry, did you say something dear?

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
Watching "accomplice" on Netflix. It's a bike video about an hour long. Wouldn't call it a doco, but it's got some great footage of some pretty solid mtb riding.

cammas

Seamstress
Watching "accomplice" on Netflix. It's a bike video about an hour long. Wouldn't call it a doco, but it's got some great footage of some pretty solid mtb riding.
Watched it the other day and found it quite good, also the section named “The End?” was the highlight for me and shows how an ebike can make a difference to someones life. When he’s riding he’s just like everyone else, as someone who has an occasional limp when the weather changes and other health issues I find riding a good equaliser, I’m not on an ebike yet but will probably end up with one in near future until then I’ll keep plodding along.

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
That was a great segment. I've seen heaps of ebikes on the trail. I san see myself having one in the future, but not as a replacement. Might hire one and give it a whirl one day

I particularly liked the women riding the Himalayan landscape. Some great cinematography. As was the stuff in Utah.

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
I actually enjoyed Greenland! Yes there were some WTF moments but a lot of disaster movies leave out children, and especially when it's clear they're going to die. This added some level of moral dilemma and realism for me.

Also it's refreshing to see a Gerard Butler film where he's shit at fighting!