The last movie you've last watched last

Freediver

I can go full Karen
Mad God- I took a while to think about how best to describe this and I still can't. It's 2 hours of the darkest claymation you've ever seen. It's like Giger on a bad trip. Forget dialogue and following the very loose plot, just sit back and be amazed.

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
trying to find a service to stream better off dead. thought it not on any of the streaming services I can just pay for it on google but doesnt seem to be anywhere short of buying a dvd.

B Rabbit

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I was actually expecting it to be worth a watch based off the trailer. Watched it last night and reckon it’s the second best of the Predator movies after the original.
id agree with the second best opinion :) I went in with extremely low expectations after the last few predator and aliens movies but was pretty amped at the end! I missed the credit scene that give a bit more info, so will need to watch it again :)

Freediver

I can go full Karen
I laughed a little at the early foraging seen, a stone axe to dig up something in loose soil that would have just pulled up. That something was an immature sweet potato with some other plants foliage stuck to it and fake flowers.
A couple of minutes later it's "how on earth did the dog manage that"
It just seemed to be WTF moment after WTF moment and having Chekhov's Gun give away the ending so early I thought was pretty weak storytelling.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Not a movie, however - Trainwreck, Woodstock 1999

only three parts I think, a great watch.
Nice. I gave Peace, Love and Rage a go and really enjoyed it, especially being able to pretend I was 17 again through all the nu-metal sets.

Such a clusterfuck from concept to execution though - who thought recreating a hippy peace festival in a concrete air force base in the middle of summer then headlining with a bunch of rage out bands was a solid plan?

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
Watched "the sadness”. It’s a Taiwanese horror that’s been heavily advertised as “most depraved” blah blah blah.

It fits into the category of “Body Horror”. Lots of gore, blood and peoples insides depicted. Theres some pretty original scenes throughout, there’s a lot of sexual violence threatened, eluded to and in some blink and you’ll miss it bits, acted out.

Character development is poor, as you’d expect. The gore is pretty original throughout the movie, no CGI, so if you like interesting analogue special effects this might be your cup of tea. For the most part though, despite how shocking and “depraved” it was trying to be, most of the shock value didn’t hit. The worrying thing is that I can’t tell if that’s because I’m desensitised (probably) or it was just trying too hard and missed the mark. Twist at the end was ok for a B grade movie and left a blink and you miss it detail that changes the ending. That last bit (and I wont say what it was) for me made it feel clever as if the director knew that if you’ve been paying attention through all the gore, that you deserved the question mark of the ending rather than the Hollywood one most people probably walked away with.

Watch if you liked 80’s horror like evil dead, brain dead etc. Give it a miss if you’re squeamish

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
Nice. I gave Peace, Love and Rage a go and really enjoyed it, especially being able to pretend I was 17 again through all the nu-metal sets.

Such a clusterfuck from concept to execution though - who thought recreating a hippy peace festival in a concrete air force base in the middle of summer then headlining with a bunch of rage out bands was a solid plan?
theres two docos about the same thing? wierd.

I watched train wreck. Was about the time i was going to see these same bands so was interesting. Ive been in a Korn and limp Bizkit mosh at age 16/17 so know how brutal they were/ To see that the same experience happened half a world away was a surreal experience. I almost died in that Korn mosh :(

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
theres two docos about the same thing? wierd.
Trainwreck is newer. Netflix did something similar when they saw the success of a Fyre Festival doco elsewhere and did their own.

Yeah Limp Bizkit moshes were f***ing crazy but the closest I came to death in one was System of a Down at Sydney BDO in 2002.

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
Trainwreck is newer. Netflix did something similar when they saw the success of a Fyre Festival doco elsewhere and did their own.

Yeah Limp Bizkit moshes were f***ing crazy but the closest I came to death in one was System of a Down at Sydney BDO in 2002.
those were the days. the sore neck and sunburn lol