The last movie you've last watched last

wesdadude

ウェスド アドゥーデ

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Not sure why they couldn't just stop after one crap sequel.
Unfortunately as long as they make money (Golden Circle did) studios want sequels. Amount of times a sequel gets automatically green lit with the writers, actors and director being like "um what.." and taking a lot of convincing (or just refusing) to sign on is both telling and depressing.

As The King's Man barely made any money, we may be safe from another one.

Nambra

Definitely should have gone to specsavers
Day Shift on Netflix, 7/10. Dark vampire comedy with Jamie Foxx, Dave Franco and a cameo from Snoop Dogg. I'm not normally a fan of Foxx but I found him palatable in this role. I like Franco though and he provides a few good laughs along the way. If you just want to be entertained it's worth a look.

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
Day Shift on Netflix, 7/10. Dark vampire comedy with Jamie Foxx, Dave Franco and a cameo from Snoop Dogg. I'm not normally a fan of Foxx but I found him palatable in this role. I like Franco though and he provides a few good laughs along the way. If you just want to be entertained it's worth a look.
sweet. wifey is on night shift the next few nights, might give this a whirl

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
Watched The game (1997) with Michael Douglas. great movie.

I generally don't watch anything older than 10 years. I've found acting to be horrendous in older films, but saw a clip while scrolling and it seemed good. Nice surprise.

wesdadude

ウェスド アドゥーデ
Watched The game (1997) with Michael Douglas. great movie.
That one's a real good trip. Shame the local Blu-ray release is crap; full of elevated blacks and compression artifacts. I've heard the Spanish one is ok so I might import that before next time.

Another crime against Blu-ray is Panic Room not being available. Come on Fincher!

I generally don't watch anything older than 10 years. I've found acting to be horrendous in older films
Oof, that's a lot of films you've cast aspersions over!

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
Maybe because most actors now need to convey an array of emotions while being surrounded with a sea of green screen but otherwise, nah. There's plenty of gems in the back catalogue that are at least as good as anything on offer currently.
almost everything that i have had fond memories of being good or having good acting has not held up well at all. I agree, there are some gems, like the game, I think the original star wars falls in that category etc., but in my experience those gems been far and few between. Ends up being a huge waste of time for me fossicking around for them, SO i just make it a general rule that i don't seek out older stuff.

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
almost everything that i have had fond memories of being good or having good acting has not held up well at all. I agree, there are some gems, like the game, I think the original star wars falls in that category etc., but in my experience those gems been far and few between. Ends up being a huge waste of time for me fossicking around for them, SO i just make it a general rule that i don't seek out older stuff.
If your gripe with old films is perceived bad acting, you can't go and list Star Wars as an exception. Fun film but horrendous acting.

You need to watch Deer Hunter, The Conversation, Dead Ringer and a whole bunch of 70s film with amazing acting...

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
If your gripe with old films is perceived bad acting, you can't go and list Star Wars as an exception. Fun film but horrendous acting.

You need to watch Deer Hunter, The Conversation, Dead Ringer and a whole bunch of 70s film with amazing acting...
I wouldnt place star wars in the bad acting camp at all. set and setting it is 100% appropriate, in the same way monty python is appropriate (despite being terrible acting)

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I wouldnt place star wars in the bad acting camp at all. set and setting it is 100% appropriate, in the same way monty python is appropriate (despite being terrible acting)
acting aside, the special effects being all done with miniatures has held up incredibly well for such an old film. The tauntaun's are about the only part that looks bad by comparison to modern movies

Freediver

I can go full Karen
acting aside, the special effects being all done with miniatures has held up incredibly well for such an old film. The tauntaun's are about the only part that looks bad by comparison to modern movies
There's a doco series called Light and Magic which makes some of the effects seem even more amazing when you look at how they were done. You learn some funny things about it as well like how they used potatoes, a shoe and chewing gum as models.