The last movie you've last watched last

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
my personal experience has been that the cause of bad trips and various anxieties experienced at the time is related to the surroundings/people (set and setting). IMO psychedelics are generally poorly tolerated indoors (IMO any amazing visusal aspects are better outside in anycase. Ive never found anything on a screen while tripping interesting). Most people do fine indoors, i just personally find that when you remove all the physical boundaries like walls, technology, other people (if they're part of the problem), the immediate relief you get is profound and can turn around an otherwise unpleasant experience you're waiting for to end, to something wonderous, liberating and very inwardly focused, which is kind of the point of it all i think.
It was 100% Stallone, the toilet was just fine

I also definitely wasn't prepared for the intensity of it all, not something to take lightly at all and I was caught way off guard. I dabbled a bit in the late 90s, indoors and outdoors was usually fine, TVs were usually totally uninteresting and ignored in favour of patterns on coffee tables and rugs and intense introspection. Stallone's voice was not the soothing calming tone I needed to ease me through the upswing into that particular peak...

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

creaky

XMAS Plumper
It was 100% Stallone, the toilet was just fine

I also definitely wasn't prepared for the intensity of it all, not something to take lightly at all and I was caught way off guard. I dabbled a bit in the late 90s, indoors and outdoors was usually fine, TVs were usually totally uninteresting and ignored in favour of patterns on coffee tables and rugs and intense introspection. Stallone's voice was not the soothing calming tone I needed to ease me through the upswing into that particular peak...

Flashback time .....

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
That's what people said of the first too. Rad movie
I think a lot of that was because of the fanfare and gushing that the people that liked it were doing. I thought it was meh. It definitely wasn't batman v superman bad, but it didn't deserve all the praise being heaped on it either.

Superhero movies are going to be an increasingly hard sell as we go on, I reckon we've definitely hit the plateau a ways back and the real gems are going to be few and far between. Thankfully Hollywood is dead set on catering to nostalgia now and remaking all the stuff that was awesome when I was 10

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
I think a lot of that was because of the fanfare and gushing that the people that liked it were doing. I thought it was meh. It definitely wasn't batman v superman bad, but it didn't deserve all the praise being heaped on it either.

Superhero movies are going to be an increasingly hard sell as we go on, I reckon we've definitely hit the plateau a ways back and the real gems are going to be few and far between. Thankfully Hollywood is dead set on catering to nostalgia now and remaking all the stuff that was awesome when I was 10

I like the ones that aren't focused on the "main" super heroes. The first ant man is my fave. But I like all the wierd ones like doctor strange, black panther, guardians of the galaxy, wandavision etc. Once you get to all this ironman, avengers, cpt America bullshit it just feels contrived. At least the wierd ones try to create their own feel about them rather than being just "superhero". Though I have to say, they need to let Taika watiti loose on a few more.

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
Having staggered my way through the latest Thor recently, I couldn't disagree more.
haha. not for everyone i get it, but i loved the new thor. Perfect example of a movie not taking itself too seriously. Considering the subject matter, i think it was a great departure from the usual.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
I've seen 2 series recently that have blown my socks off.

Andor. Disney/Star Wars need to put the writers of that series on retainer for the next 30 years. Excellent character development. A really strong sense of the corruption of the Empire, police state etc etc.

It's almost as if all of the talent and depth gets reserved for the non mainline material. Episodes 7, 8, and 9 were pure dross whereas, Rogue One, Solo etc were great.

The Peripheral on Amazon Prime. Dystopian sci-fi series with elements of Ready Player One, Deer Hunter and Breaking Bad. Very obviously a UK production with a great cast and unbelievably great wardrobe in parts. Forget being Brad Pitt, I want to be a Russian Mobster from the future now.

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt8291284/mediaviewer/rm324929025?ref_=ext_shr_lnk

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
Love peripheral. Great concept for a timey wimey wobbly wobbly plot.

And agree on the star wars side stories.there was always some concern Disney would fuck it up. I think they have done a bang up job. Mandalorian was great too.

I've seen 2 series recently that have blown my socks off.

Andor. Disney/Star Wars need to put the writers of that series on retainer for the next 30 years. Excellent character development. A really strong sense of the corruption of the Empire, police state etc etc.

It's almost as if all of the talent and depth gets reserved for the non mainline material. Episodes 7, 8, and 9 were pure dross whereas, Rogue One, Solo etc were great.

The Peripheral on Amazon Prime. Dystopian sci-fi series with elements of Ready Player One, Deer Hunter and Breaking Bad. Very obviously a UK production with a great cast and unbelievably great wardrobe in parts. Forget being Brad Pitt, I want to be a Russian Monster from the future now.

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt8291284/mediaviewer/rm324929025?ref_=ext_shr_lnk

Whilst the Mandalorian started well, but after season 1 it feels like I'm watching "Lost" where the decision to write another ep seems to be based on how many people watched the prior ep, and will end along the lines of "and they were all saved by, um, Moe, let's say Moe"

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Love peripheral. Great concept for a timey wimey wobbly wobbly plot.

And agree on the star wars side stories.there was always some concern Disney would fuck it up. I think they have done a bang up job. Mandalorian was great too.
How could I forget Mando!? Pedro Pascal is a freaking legend.

Disney need to find a way to build a series around Oscar Isaac as well.